• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

System Upgrade!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dravage

Hey folks,

Been a while since I was here. Last time I stopped by was many years back when I built my first PC, and I had some fantastic advice.

I thought I'd stop in again to see if anyone could help with some upgrade advice. Specifically I'm looking to see what I can keep and what needs dropping. My current PC specs are:

PC Specs.PNG

I think I have a kinda old 750w PSU and nothing special on the cooling front.

Thanks so much in advance!

The one that stands out the most is the graphics card. The i5 is plenty stout, and will be for quite a while. Upgrading your gpu to a 390(x) [or even a 380(x)]; or gtx 970 would be a healthy boost for most situations in gaming.

The one that stands out the most is the graphics card. The i5 is plenty stout, and will be for quite a while. Upgrading your gpu to a 390(x) [or even a 380(x)]; or gtx 970 would be a healthy boost for most situations in gaming.

Much appreciated, thank you! Assume the mobo will be fine then (buy the card to fit the board) rather than having to buy an entirely new board and card, right?

Your board supports pcie, so any pcie based card is fine.

I agree with bob.. gpu as the rest should be fine for a while. Bang for your buck is on te amd side, but they use a lot of power and put out a lot of heat too. But I'd also say 970/980 or 390/390x for 1080p gaming. A 380x is barely faster than what you have... or IIRC its an r9 285.

Back