• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thinking about going 4K.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ssjwizard

Has slightly less legible writing than Thideras
So I am considering going up to 4K I found a deal on a nice sanyo aquios 70" 4k TV. So a few questions here. First is the sanyo a good brand for 4k displays. Second I will be driving this with a variety of devices mainly my PC which is running a single 980Ti. Im not concerned with playing all the latest games at the highest settings on 4k, but I will want to play on high settings without AA at a minimum of ~60fps.

So right now I am using a 120hz 50" 1080P led and I'm happy with it, but I just kinda want to go a little bigger.

Im also curious how games that don't support 4k display modes look on such a screen. I will also be using this connected to my ROKU to watch netflix and funimation.

Al opinions appreciated.

Not sure on brands... Sanyo certainly isn't my go to for a TV though.

As far as your goal of 60fps 9n high no AA... some titles you can hit that, mostly though, you will not.

Did you mean Sharp Aquos?

Vizio, hands down. They're awesome. Go for the P Series if you can.

Can you link the specific tv model.

As for how the lower res games will look it will depend on how close to that tv you are and what res you are running the games at?

Your right it was a sharp. And the deal is gone so this is more or less off the menu. I CAN afford to pay 2,000 for a new display, but I WONT. Guess my 50" 120hz 100P will be sticking around a bit longer. I see no point in upgrading to a larger screen if the resolution doesn't go up so Ill probably wait for black Friday to roll around. A lot of the content I watch is only 720P so going up to 4K isnt exactly worth it for my right now anyway. Thanks for the input.

Back