• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD 9590 with Sabertooth 990fx R2.0 Deadlock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Learning is the best part. I made the same mistake with that chip kind of. I had enough cooling on the chip but there was nothing I could do with the heat in the room after a while of use and it had to go, FX9xxx

Learning is the best part. I made the same mistake with that chip kind of. I had enough cooling on the chip but there was nothing I could do with the heat in the room after a while of use and it had to go, FX9xxx

:rofl: Try 2 servers with 4 Opteron 6276's each, both cranking for F@H. But I would think had I had the cooling to run that bad boy, I would have a warm room, good for winter time :).

Got 2x 120.3 rads, another 120.2 and a 80.2 rad that fits that back side of the TJ07 case I have in use. Super overkill promotes FX-9590 clock speeds in excess of 5.2ghz (daily clocks).

With that much cooling, it keeps the temps low enough to keep v-core low enough.

So hotter requires more voltage. Cooler requires less.

1.488v is good for 4.9ghz all cores no turbo, no energy savings.

Problem with FX-9590 is the high temps. Keep this processor in the 50c range, it'll clock up really well.

I just upgraded from a Phenom II x4 965 to a FX 9590. I am also using the EVO 212 for cooling. I have it stable at 4.7Ggz Turbo off v1.46 and the hottest it gets is 51 Celsius. Been grinding out The Division, so it is stable for my uses.

Back