• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

issues with ssd freezing and running very slow (11mb/s); benchmark inside

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
updating this thread:

i could no longer take the writing speed of the ssd and sent her back to the manufacturer; < 1mb/s and constantly freezing locking pc and on reboot not recognizing the ssd for several minutes. here is the updated benchmark from today. the pc is still using same hardware as before but with the new ssd. i am happy to confirm my suspicions thus far and conclude it was a hardware issue isolated to only the ssd. in a couple months i will benchtest the ssd again and see if it maintains a similar level of performance. thank you all good sir and possible misses for the help! live long and prosper!
Siex8a3.jpg

I would have replaced the SATA cable, ATA secure erase the SSD and reinstalled Windows... I had that kind of problem with a PNY Optima 120 GB...

And as far as I have been told, the GeForce GTX 660 isn't a power hog like the Radeon R9 290X... Only up to 150 W or the like. And the Ti, even with the 2 6-pin connectors, don't look like they use much more...

It's in the same ball park as the GTX 960, watt-wise...

Last edited:
Glad you have it solved now with a new SSD.:)
thank you!

I would have replaced the SATA cable, ATA secure erase the SSD and reinstalled Windows... I had that kind of problem with a PNY Optima 120 GB...

And as far as I have been told, the GeForce GTX 660 isn't a power hog like the Radeon R9 290X... Only up to 150 W or the like. And the Ti, even with the 2 6-pin connectors, don't look like they use much more...

It's in the same ball park as the GTX 960, watt-wise...

i did swap the sata cables and also reinstalled windows; well tried too. this process was one of the last i tolerated, it took around a day for win10 and i thought it was something to do with win10 so i went back to win7 during another day. i suspect all the writing of data during these os installs is what compromised the ssd to the < 1mb/s. when i spec'd the power supply i recall looking at the max wattage of each of the components in the build and recall there even being some overhead room with the psu. this was part of the reason i dismissed the psu from people very savy on computers. i had the computer strained during some analysis on solidworks with browser and tabs galore with some music playing and using just about all resources ram/cpu/gpu but the pc handled it fine even with overclocked ram and cpu; for the record the cpu and ram are back to their 4.63 ghz and 1.912 ghz respectably. i blow the dust that has collected within the hardware out a couple times a year and now that i have brought it will do it today.

thank you all for your time and live long and prosper!

Back