• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does the Asus EEE PC 1215B have a thermal pad between the APU dye and the HS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Persheis

Hello all!
I recently replaced the fan and cleaned up an Asus 1215B (E-350 APU, AMD) that was dead for 2 years. It suddenly crashed due to overheating (I think) and never managed to get an entire boot before dying again on overheating.
I reapplied thermal paste (some NT-H1 I had lying) and fired it up again. It went to W8.1's desktop with no issue, but the fan started to rage up and after a couple of hours, it died again (idle 80 degrees celsius).
I reseated everything, reapplied the paste after cleaning it perfectly, and got the same results.

I'm guessing the HS isn't pressing as hard as it should on the dye, and heat can't transfer as intended. That's when it struck me... maybe it didn't have thermal paste, but a thermal pad?

Could anybody please confirm this? If it's the case, can anyone recommend a nice thermal pad for it?

Thanks in advance!

Back