• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is better than A10-6800K?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

weetoots

I am not having any problems with this CPU, but today was time to clean the HS/fans and I thought maybe a new CPU would be nice. Not real keen on 100W.
MB is ASUS A88XM-Plus/CSM.

Regards,
Alan

What's the highest chip on the motherboard compatibility list?
Do you have a dedicated GPU?

Theres honestly not much of an "upgrade" to be had anywhere. Getting a kaveri a10 would be the only thing worth your time. The a10 is already stronger than the athlon x4, but frankly 100w tdp is going to be tough to get away from (thats reasonably low tbh[amd wise], the fx chips are quite over that in most cases minus those weird power saving ones clocked down super low).

But yeah, on that chipset, the a10 7000 series will be the only real "upgrade" but that is a relatively huge graphical upgrade if you need it. I would think you were better off with a discrete gpu tbh.

I have the same board and the 7850K works just fine in it and has the ability to OC the chip fine as well as long as the propper cooling is available.

Back