• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Graphics Driver Updates

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you can hold out I would wait for a 480 before I would buy a 960. If I can find one this weekend I may get another for Xfire just 'cuz I can. LOL. PM sent.

Crimson Edition 16.8.2 Hotfix

Release Date: 8/12/2016

Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.8.2 Release Notes

Radeon Software Crimson Edition is AMD's revolutionary new graphics software that delivers redesigned functionality, supercharged graphics performance, remarkable new features, and innovation that redefines the overall user experience. Every Radeon Software release strives to deliver new features, better performance and stability improvements.

Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.8.2 Highlights

Support for:

No Man's Sky™
Paragon™ Open Beta

Fixed Issues

*Overwatch™ may experience an intermittent application crash when browsing the hero gallery.
*With a Freesync supported display and Freesync enabled, some users may experience flickering on desktop during system idle.
*A small number of Windows 10 Anniversary Edition systems may experience install issues with secure boot enabled.

Known Issues

*A few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the AMD Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved "In Game Overlay".
*Grand Theft Auto V™ may experience an application hang on Radeon RX 400 Series Graphics when playing at 4K resolution in story mode.
*A small number of 144hz non-Freesync enabled displays may exhibit flickering during gaming or on desktop.
*DOTA2™ may experience an application hang when using the Vulkan™ API and changing resolution or game/quality settings.
*Corruption may be experienced in Rise of the Tomb Raider using the DirectX®12 API on some Hybrid Graphics configurations when performing a task switch.
*Shader Cache may remain be enabled when set to "off" in Radeon Settings on some Hybrid Graphics configurations.
*Radeon RX 480 graphics may experience intermittent stuttering in The Division™ when high game settings are used and vsync is enabled.
*Battlefield™ 4 may experience intermittent crashes when using Mantle. As a work around users are suggested to switch to DirectX®11.
*Radeon Pro Duo may experience a black screen in Total War™: Warhammer with the games API set to DirectX®12 and V-Sync enabled.
*World of Tanks™ may experience stuttering after performing a task switch in AMD CrossFire mode.
*Rocket League™ may experience flickering when in AMD CrossFire mode.
*Ashes of the Singularity™ may experience an application crash with "crazy" in game settings and Multi-GPU enabled.

Release Notes & Download Links etc...

Just installed 16.8.2 and everything seems fine. Either AMD has made epic improvements in drivers in the last month or my previous card was junk. I'm good either way. :)

update: Had a crash while perusing a social media site notorious for flash problems. At least it was a new kind of crash. Instead of the black screen I used to get, I got a white screen this time. If things are going to go wrong it's nice to have variety. LOL. I'm on the Beta 16.8.2

Last edited:
Crimson Edition 16.8.3 Hotfix

Release Date: 8/31/2016

Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.8.3 Release Notes

Radeon Software Crimson Edition is AMD's revolutionary new graphics software that delivers redesigned functionality, supercharged graphics performance, remarkable new features, and innovation that redefines the overall user experience. Every Radeon Software release strives to deliver new features, better performance and stability improvements.

Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.8.3 Highlights

New AMD CrossFire profile added for DirectX® 11:

Deus Ex™: Mankind Divided
Battlefield™ 1 Beta

Fixed Issues

*A random blank or colored screen may be experienced intermittently on some Radeon RX 400 series products while gaming.

Known Issues

*A few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the AMD Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved "In Game Overlay".
*Radeon Software may intermittently fail to install or hang on some AMD CrossFire configurations. If this happens users can reboot and re-install without issue as a workaround.
*Grand Theft Auto V™ may experience an application hang on Radeon RX 400 Series Graphics when playing at 4K resolution in story mode.
*A small number of 144hz non-FreeSync enabled displays may exhibit flickering during gaming or on desktop.
*Ark Survival Evolved™ may experience an error message when trying to launch the game in some configurations.
*DOTA2™ may experience an application hang when using the Vulkan™ API and changing resolution or game/quality settings.
*Corruption may be experienced in Rise of the Tomb Raider using the DirectX®12 API on some Hybrid Graphics configurations when performing a task switch.
*Shader Cache may remain be enabled when set to "off" in Radeon Settings on some Hybrid Graphics configurations.
*Radeon RX 480 graphics may experience intermittent stuttering in The Division™ when high game settings are used and vsync is enabled.
*Battlefield™ 4 may experience intermittent crashes when using Mantle. As a work around users are suggested to switch to DirectX®11.
*Radeon Pro Duo may experience a black screen in Total War™: Warhammer with the games API set to DirectX®12 and V-Sync enabled.
*World of Tanks™ may experience stuttering after performing a task switch in AMD CrossFire mode.
*Rocket League™ may experience flickering when in AMD CrossFire mode.
*Ashes of the Singularity™ may experience an application crash with "crazy" in game settings and Multi-GPU enabled.

That looks like the update for me. :) Except I'm getting the W7 drivers because Cortana gets fired today.
I just updated my laptop with the latest W10 update how the frig do you turn off cortana and get the old search bar like before?

Install Win10 in version without Cortana support. Like Polish box version has no Cortana but can still run in English.

Cortana is still the W10 search engine. You can disable some of the more glaring faults, but it still runs in the background. Always.

Can't say I mind that... It's just a search bar (like angelfire wants). I disable web searching so it sticks to the PC only. Cortana was only bothersome, to some, because of how it searched and how 'in your face it could be', not that it's searching just as every other OS does too. The active thread just happens to be named cortana in 10. :)

Do as that says and you have a search bar like always. Simple.

Crimson Edition 16.9.1 Hotfix

Release Date: 9/8/2016

Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.9.1 Release Notes

Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.9.1 Highlights

Support for:
Deus Ex™: Mankind Divided (DirectX®12)

DOTA™2

Fixed Issues

**A small number of 144Hz non-FreeSync enabled displays may exhibit flickering during gaming or on desktop.
**FreeSync may stay enabled while on desktop causing flickering.
**Grand Theft Auto V™ may experience an application hang after loading story mode.
**DiRT™ Rally rain drops may flicker when using high or ultra in game settings.
**DOOM™ may experience a hang on game exit in some limited AMD PowerXpress configurations.
**Total War™: Warhammer may experience negative AMD CrossFire scaling on some Radeon RX 400 series configurations.
**GPU utilization may remain high when idle after running SteamVR performance benchmark.
**Pixel format options may be missing from Radeon Settings for some limited system configurations on Radeon RX 480 graphics.
**Radeon Software may intermittently fail to install or hang on some AMD CrossFire configurations. If this happens users can reboot and re-install without issue as a workaround.
**Some Radeon RX 400 series graphics products may experience high GPU usage when resuming from sleep.

Known Issues

**A few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the AMD Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved "In Game Overlay".
**Upgrading from a previous Radeon Software Crimson Edition version may cause user settings in Radeon Settings to reset to defaults.
**OpenCL applications may run initially on integrated graphics if they are present. Make sure to set the application to the correct device you would like to use.
**Radeon Settings information tab may report incorrect Open CL or Mantle versions.
**Radeon Software installer may report driver uninstallation failed even when it was successful.
**No Man's Sky™ some minor corruption may be experienced when standing close to solid structures inside of caves.
**Mouse cursor corruption may be experienced very intermittently on the Radeon RX 480.
**DOTA2™ may experience an application hang when using the Vulkan™ API and changing resolution or game/quality settings.
**Ashes of the Singularity™ may experience an application crash with "crazy" in game settings and Multi-GPU enabled.

Are we able to adjust the color again? I miss that from the Catalyst days. :(

No matter what I do I can not get the driver to load my brightness settings I've set in Additional Settings I have to always run that option for it to then load up the brightness setting I've put it too, I think the last driver to do that without issue was the 14.2's I think or the 15.xx something set but these new Crimson driver just won't load them up.

Crimson Edition 16.9.2 Hotfix

Release Date: 9/21/2016

Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.9.2 Release Notes

​​Radeon Software Crimson Edition is AMD's revolutionary new graphics software that delivers redesigned functionality, supercharged graphics performance, remarkable new features, and innovation that redefines the overall user experience. Every Radeon Software release strives to deliver new features, better performance and stability improvements.

Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.9.2 Highlights

Support For:

Forza Horizon 3™

Dreadnought

Fixed Issues

*Intermittent mouse cursor corruption may be experienced on some Radeon RX 400 Series graphics products.
*Flickering display may be experienced on portrait Eyefinity display configurations when launching or exiting DirectX®12 applications.
*Ashes of the Singularity™ may experience an application crash when Multi-GPU is enabled in DirectX®12.
*Upgrading from a previous Radeon Software Crimson Edition version may cause user settings in Radeon Settings to reset to defaults.
*Intermittent crash may be experienced in Mozilla Firefox while doing video playback on some Radeon RX 400 Series graphics products.
*Radeon Settings may sometimes experience an "application has stopped" error after modifying game profiles on Windows 10 Anniversary Addition.
*A small amount of corruption may be experienced in the lower right hand corner of the display on some Radeon HD 7000 series products when playing Deus Ex™: Mankind Divided.
*Small amounts of stutter may be experienced when playing or watching cinematic videos in Deus Ex™: Mankind Divided when using AMD CrossFire mode and DirectX®11.
*HDMI® Audio may be lost after resuming from standby on Windows 10 Anniversary Edition.
*Flickering may be experienced in Rocket League on Radeon RX 400 Series graphics products when running in AMD CrossFire mode.

Known Issues

*A few game titles may fail to launch, experience performance issues or crash if the third party application "Raptr" has its game overlay enabled. A workaround is to disable the overlay if this is experienced.
*Counter-Strike™: Global Offensive may experience intermittent stutter on Radeon R9 380 Series graphics products in AMD CrossFire mode.
*Rise of the Tomb Raider may experience an application crash when changing the resolution from in-game menus when running DirectX®12. Users can restart the game to complete the resolution change.
*OpenCL™ version information may display incorrectly or may display random characters in Radeon Settings.
*Radeon RX 460 may fail to resume from sleep mode and require a system restart when connected through AMD XConnect™ Technology.
*While using or having Radeon WattMan open in Radeon Settings while in AMD CrossFire mode, the secondary/slave GPU clocks will increase to their highest state.
*Overwatch™ may experience flickering character models while in the hero selection menu or during gameplay in AMD Crossfire mode.
*Paragon may experience flickering while using AMD FreeSync technology and AMD CrossFire mode in conjunction.
*Dreadnought™ may experience minor flickering in game menus or gameplay while using AMD FreeSync technology.

I miss a lot of stuff from the Catalyst days. Except the drivers. I like having drivers that work.

I do miss the old Catalyst days as well. Though I didn't have an issue with drivers not working back then. Consider myself lucky.
Though I do enjoy the massive amount of rework they did to the drivers and the updates they've been doing. MUCH better than back in the day. They finally have fixed probably about the biggest complaint with AMD/ATI cards, and that was driver support. Happy for them. Now they just need that great card to come out on time to battle nVidia.

The last update fixed the only issue I've had since getting my RX 480. AMD actually made me happy with buying another one of their cards, and that was no small feat. Good on ya', Team Red!

Back