• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a slew of bad WUs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

t1nm4n

So as the title suggests, I had a bunch, and I mean darned near every Wu I did a couple of night ago was bad. I finally figured it was the OC on my CPU (which isn't doing any WUs). I had it at 4.8g 1.464v and it passed Prime95 for a good 2 hours, I ran a bunch of other benchmarks with it and then let it fold overnight to see it produced nearly nothing. it didn't give me the "Is your system Overclocked" comment, just said bad WUs.

Long story short, how does my CPU being OC'd affect GPU WUs? And if my CPU OC was good one night, what would of changed so it's not good the next? Just when I was so happy I got 4.8 on this CPU too.

So as the title suggests, I had a bunch, and I mean darned near every Wu I did a couple of night ago was bad. I finally figured it was the OC on my CPU (which isn't doing any WUs). I had it at 4.8g 1.464v and it passed Prime95 for a good 2 hours, I ran a bunch of other benchmarks with it and then let it fold overnight to see it produced nearly nothing. it didn't give me the "Is your system Overclocked" comment, just said bad WUs.

Long story short, how does my CPU being OC'd affect GPU WUs? And if my CPU OC was good one night, what would of changed so it's not good the next? Just when I was so happy I got 4.8 on this CPU too.

Did this start on 4/4? I'm on vacation and my pc was folding until then -- ConundrumLR stopped by to see if could see an issue, and it might be the same thing.

Well, I don't know the answer to your question but I do know that the CPU does do something for each GPU in the system.

Have you tried stress testing your GPU? I don't really know much about OC with AMD but with Intels certain types of OC can influence interactions on the PCIe lanes and create instability. I suppose I should mention that I really don't know much about OC in general either.

The Northbridge feeds the GPU's data. On AMD anyways.
If the NB is unstable that'll bugger up your WU's ;)

Prime Large FFT (IIRC) will stress the NB.
Blend does as well, run it for at least 12 hours.

Back