• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pc automatically restarting due to errors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JDMStanced

Hi,
i have been trying to shut down the PC but it automatically restarts. I checked the Event Logger and this shows up.
So many errors that i don't know what they are..
Please help fixing the errors so i can shut down my pc lol

Attachments

• dgfhdfghgfdhgfhd.JPG
    dgfhdfghgfdhgfhd.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 2,004
All I can be sure of there is that volmgr (Volume Manager - manages your drives) and Win32k (Graphics) had issues logged 3 minutes before you before you opened the log viewer.

Volmgr Event 45 = "The system could not successfully load the crash dump driver."

Win32k Event 263 = "A pointer device has no information about the monitor it is attached to." - possibly, could be many other issues, need the data logged.

Without a crash dump available, we'll need more info to help track down the cause, Start > Run > MSInfo32 > Enter. When the MSInfo window opens, click on all the left side entries to trigger the details to fill, wait ~5 minutes for them all to populate and then Save As the default filename, MSInfo32.nfo and zip it, attach the zip to a Reply.

All I can be sure of there is that volmgr (Volume Manager - manages your drives) and Win32k (Graphics) had issues logged 3 minutes before you before you opened the log viewer.

Volmgr Event 45 = "The system could not successfully load the crash dump driver."

Win32k Event 263 = "A pointer device has no information about the monitor it is attached to." - possibly, could be many other issues, need the data logged.

Without a crash dump available, we'll need more info to help track down the cause, Start > Run > MSInfo32 > Enter. When the MSInfo window opens, click on all the left side entries to trigger the details to fill, wait ~5 minutes for them all to populate and then Save As the default filename, MView attachment MSInfo32.zipo[/B] and zip it, attach the zip to a Reply.

attached it!
PS: i guess you have to click MSinfo link in your quote

I don't see an obvious culprit amongst the running Processes/Services or loaded modules, WER (Windows Error Reporting) has nothing logged for the time frame immediately before 05:22/:23 (which looks like the reboot).

Can you revisit the Event log, Save it as the default .evtx type, zip that and attach the zip, please?

I don't see an obvious culprit amongst the running Processes/Services or loaded modules, WER (Windows Error Reporting) has nothing logged for the time frame immediately before 05:22/:23 (which looks like the reboot).

Can you revisit the Event log, Save it as the default .evtx type, zip that and attach the zip, please?

attached!

Attachments

• eventlog.zip
    390.6 KB · Views: 18
I'm still struggling to see a chain of events here.

I do see one oddity in the lack of a crash dump, the error logged refers to "\Device\HarddiskVolume6" (which might mean the 7th partition, as they start from 0!) yet MSInfo32 shows only 5 partitions in total.

Can you disable any page files (I see one on C: ), reboot and create a new, fixed sized one (1024 min/max) on the SSD/System (C: ) drive?

Similarly, change Power settings in control Panel, use an MS default plan (in case Samsung Magician installed it's own, if you'd installed it at any point) and reboot again and check that it's 'stuck'.

I'm still struggling to see a chain of events here.

I do see one oddity in the lack of a crash dump, the error logged refers to "\Device\HarddiskVolume6" (which might mean the 7th partition, as they start from 0!) yet MSInfo32 shows only 5 partitions in total.

Can you disable any page files (I see one on C: ), reboot and create a new, fixed sized one (1024 min/max) on the SSD/System (C: ) drive?

Similarly, change Power settings in control Panel, use an MS default plan (in case Samsung Magician installed it's own, if you'd installed it at any point) and reboot again and check that it's 'stuck'.

could you elaborate on how to do this?
"Can you disable any page files (I see one on C: ), reboot and create a new, fixed sized one (1024 min/max) on the SSD/System (C: ) drive?"

- - - Updated - - -

so what could be causing it from overclock?
too much overclocking, more power needed, or?

How to change the page file size. This write up shows the relevant screens needed, ignore his comments regarding siting page files on multiple partitions, you really don't want to do that.

More info regarding page file sizes for crash dumps:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2860880
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff560246(v=vs.85).aspx

Set your crash dump options for minidumps, let's try to get something.
Capture.JPG
something doesn't look right here?
Currently allocated is way above the Recommended..

by default windows tends to allocate ~2x the amount of RAM that you have in your machine. I always set mine manually to about 1-2GB on a machine that has 16GB of RAM or more.

could you elaborate on how to do this?
"Can you disable any page files (I see one on C: ), reboot and create a new, fixed sized one (1024 min/max) on the SSD/System (C: ) drive?"

- - - Updated - - -

so what could be causing it from overclock?
too much overclocking, more power needed, or?

Overclock not stable enough to boot into Windows. Some voltage setting not enough or some frequency or multiplier too much. I sometimes have this happen and realize, "Oh, my memory ratio is wrong. The RAM can't run that fast." Or something similar. The OS tries to do a startup repair to no avail and then I put it back to stock and start the overclock process again.

Ahh what the heck. My oc setting was gone. I was pretty much running default bios. I forgot that i redownloaded bios about a month ago..
I forgot most of the values i put down so.. Some values i guessed :(!!!

After re overclocking ( also changing values for memory to 1866 from 1333mhz), pc finally turned off. I havent had a chance to see if it stays shut off though.
We'll see

The first thing you should try is to go into bios and hit the F9 key or whatever key returns bios settings to default and then boot into Windows. Then after that work with your overclocking. Most motherboards have the ability to remember overclock profiles. Usually, it's in the Tools section of bios. If you save your stable overclock profile in this way you can easily reload it if for some reason you run into problems and the current settings are nixed.

My pc is not turning off again ;(
Maybe it could be because im using CCleaner program?

What paging size do you guys have with 16 gb memory?

With 16GB of memory you are not even using paging file. Just let windows run it Automatic and be done with it.

With 16GB of memory you are not even using paging file. Just let windows run it Automatic and be done with it.

I dont know if you read my op but im still having a problem with the pc not turning off.
I was able to turn it off once after re overclocking. But after using CCleaner app, it wont turn off at all.
I dont know if ccleaner is the cause or what cause ive been using it for months and this didnt happen before

Back