• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SAPPHIRE NITRO Radeon R9 390 OR MSI R9 390??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

isogamer

SAPPHIRE NITRO Radeon R9 390: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Produc...=Sapphire_Nitro_r9_390-_-14-202-164-_-Product

vs

MSI R9 390: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Produc...06227&cm_re=msi_r9_390-_-14-127-874-_-Product

Hi, so i would just like to know which of these two cards should i get? The MSI is about 20 more clock speed then then Sapphire, and i am sure i should be able to overlock the Sapphire to match the MSI clock speed. The MSI is bit more expensive in my location then the Sapphire, so i was thinking if i should just save the 40 to 50buks to get the Sapphire instead of the MSI? But from what i am seeing the MSI seems to run better not only in speed but also in temp control.

I have the MSI version and its VERY cool and quiet. Even under heavy load. If cash is the issue then go for the Sapphire. Otherwise I think the MSI card will be the better choice. But Im sure most will also tell you its luck of the draw. I'll also address the fan set up. Most are using larger fans and only 2 as the MSI does. The Sapphire has 3 fans. Those 3 fans have to spin faster (read noisier) to move the same amount of air as the two larger fans on the MSI. Let us know how it goes and what you get.

TC
Z

I have the MSI version and its VERY cool and quiet. Even under heavy load. If cash is the issue then go for the Sapphire. Otherwise I think the MSI card will be the better choice. But Im sure most will also tell you its luck of the draw. I'll also address the fan set up. Most are using larger fans and only 2 as the MSI does. The Sapphire has 3 fans. Those 3 fans have to spin faster (read noisier) to move the same amount of air as the two larger fans on the MSI. Let us know how it goes and what you get.

TC
Z

Ya i am at a cross road to which card i should get, i am still not sure which one i should get. Sound isn't that much of a big issue for me, i am leaning more towards MSI since that is about 40more clock speed then the NITRO, and from the looks of it NITRO would require more power since it has 3 fans VS the 2 fans the MSI card has.

But then again MSI is about 40ish buks more then the Nitro and saving money is always a good thing especially if both products is pretty much the same in terms of putting out FPS.

they are both top cards for the 390 you cant go wrong with either
I have the msi 390 myself which I got for $255 USD last black friday, thats sapphire cards was almsot $75 USD more so thats why I choose it

you can overclock the cards so the default clocks don't really matter
I have mine at 1175 core and the mem is at 1650

my card broke about 35 days after I got it, I had to RMA it at my expense, it was easy to do and got my back in a week
the rma card has been working fine for about 4 months now

a few things to note:
the msi card has 3 year warranty compared to 2 year on the sapphire
sapphire card required 2x 8 pin where as the msi needs 1x 8 pin + 1x 6 pin
sapphire card comes with HDMI cable (just a cheap little extra but its nice to have)

I have the msi 390 myself which I got for $255 USD last black friday, thats sapphire cards was almsot $75 USD more so thats why I choose it

my card broke about 35 days after I got it, I had to RMA it at my expense, it was easy to do and got my back in a week

a few things to note:
sapphire card comes with HDMI cable (just a cheap little extra but its nice to have)

Hey, thanks for the feedback. Ya i think i am going to go with the sapphire since thats going on sale on my local PC shop. Don't like the idea that it requires more power compared to the MSI, but i guess cause the Nitro has 3 fans? Because it is clocked about 20 lower then the MSI. SO not sure why it would require more power? But if they perform the same as each other in terms of putting out FPS than thats all i care.

Didn't know that Sapphire only has 2 year warranty thats bit worrying, i am moving from my 970GTX TO The Nitro and hopefully thats the right investment? Only doing this cause i have a freesync monitor.

a few things to note:

Hey so i ended up getting the NITRO card, i wanted to know when you overclocked your card did you also increased the voltage?

Back