• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Temperature Sensor Recommendations?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LoneWolf121188

Can someone recommend me a water temp sensor to plug into my Maximus VIII Gene? I'd like to have AI Suite control my fan speed based on my water temperature, not my CPU temperature.

What's the difference between a $2.50 sensor like this and an $11 sensor like this?

Are 10kOhm resistors standard?

Finally, can someone recommend me a good online shop that charges reasonable amounts to ship one or two small items (ie, not charge me $5-$10 to ship one temp probe that they could stick in an envelope and mail first class for a dollar or two)?

Thanks!

Most of the IN/OUT threaded water sensors, which I use three btw, are around the $10-$12 mark depending which company you go with. I use Phobya since Aquacomputer's water probe's were out of stock but they are fairly the same. 10kOhm is basically the standard for these temps sensors.

As for shipping, I had to pay a fine amount of shipping for small orders from PCS unfortunately. Check out Modmymods, Aquatunning.us and Frozencpu.

Back