• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nvidia Shield Android TV

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SMOKEU

I'm thinking about buying one of these to use as a gaming console. I don't really think I'll be using it as a general media center. I'm considering getting the base model 16GB version and then connecting a MicroSD card for extra storage. If I could get my Logitech USB mouse and Microsoft USB keyboard working on the Shield then that would be great. Has anyone here done that?

The Nvidia Shield is almost certainly more important to Google than it is to Nvidia. After the failure of Google TV—in part thanks to its lacklustre UI and poor developer support—its follow-up Android TV needed to do better. Unfortunately, that hasn't quite happened. Sure, Google's own Nexus Player is a fine piece of hardware, and Razer's Forge TV has its charms, but neither sports the flagship specs, nor the feature set of Nvidia's sleek black box. There's no doubt that the Shield is the best Android TV device money can buy, but like all Android TV devices, it comes with a few compromises.

Back