• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Grabbed a Qnix QX2710, some overclocking information inside

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bob4933

So, as the title implies, I have added a QX2710 to my increasing stable of monitors. I have several, but the only other monitor worth mentioning is my BenQ XL2420te (144hz tn panel).

So, going from 144hz to 60hz... is just awful lol. Im sure many of you know WHY I grabbed this QX2710. For those that dont, these have a reputation for being EXTREMELY overclockable with minimal fuss.

One thing I enjoy on the cuff, the color saturation is far better than the BenQ, and the viewing angles are so much better. The Benq was almost irritating me with the dark splotchy bottom half of the screen. I have my monitors wall mounted, totally free open mount. I can tilt, lift, lower, angle, move back and forth, whatever I want. There was never a "Good spot" for the TN panel unless I sat back REALLY far.

I enjoy the 1440p as well, lot more room to move around and I feel like its just superior in browsing and casual video watching as well. Even 1080p videos "look better".

Now heres the important bit. I started off overclocking to 96hz. That looked great! HUGE improvement over 60fps, and I was pleased. Then I just shot for the moon, and hit 120hz. It worked! ... or did it? I had no artifacting, nothing "weird" or obvious, but the 96hz felt smoother; which is just paradoxical. So then I did some actual testing and digging around, and even though my screen can "run" 120hz, its not actually doing so. Its skipping frames! So, I spent some time dialing in a spot, and it turns out I had to back it down to 104hz for it to not drop frames. Something to bear in mind when you overclock a monitor, sometimes its not as it appears. Trust your eyes, and run some tests. Theres a simple browser based program called "UFO test" that can help you with this. I've seen people barreling ahead without even checking this, so its probably worth your time to check your monitors if you have them overclocked.

http://www.testufo.com/#test=frameskipping

This one in particular was the crucial one. Surprisingly effective, although quite barbarically simple.

Anywho, to wrap this quasi little "review" up, I am quite irritated at the lack of controls on this monitor... but then again, thats probably why it overclocks so well. All I want to do is turn the contrast down a smidge. Mine has no dead pixels at all (which is wonderful), but mines got some pretty gnarly backlight bleeding... which is only annoying during really really dark scenes. Overall, quality is "meh", not the greatest, but certainly not the worst. FOR THE MONEY, as we all know, this is a pretty good bang-for-the-buck device. My XL monitor definitely wins the "smoothness" department, but I have zero desire to run a TN panel ever again in my life lol

Cool!

Lol managed to get 77hz before the monitor complains about the input not being supported. from 60hz it's not bad I guess

Cool!

Lol managed to get 77hz before the monitor complains about the input not being supported. from 60hz it's not bad I guess

Did you get that TRUE10 version? Those don't overclock nearly as well to my understanding. 77hz isn't horrible I suppose, you sure your cables arent the issue?

Did you get that TRUE10 version? Those don't overclock nearly as well to my understanding. 77hz isn't horrible I suppose, you sure your cables arent the issue?
True10?

Naw, I have this Acer monitor here. 1400x1050 is the max res @ 60Hz. I can run it at 77Hz, 1400x1050 but it makes Minecraft look like crap lol. I can keep 60FPS with all my mods + shader but not 77. :rofl:

I tried overclocking once with that CDR program before but things looked.... very wrong. Fuzzy as hell. I just used the Nvidia control panel for this. Worked real well. Now I want a good clocking monitor! But then I need to upgrade the whole rig to run Minecraft better.

Then again, Minecraft is terribly coded to begin with...

Oh I thought you were saying you had one of the qnix. Yeah 77 is a respectable jump for a normal monitor.

Heard the nvidia program is good.

Oh I thought you were saying you had one of the qnix. Yeah 77 is a respectable jump for a normal monitor.

Heard the nvidia program is good.
I wish :(

It's easy to use. I also see that EVGA PrecisionX has a pixel clock adjustment too...

Thanks I'll try this when I get home. Got a pair of the QX2710s as well, but the last time I tried OCing them I was convinced they were sticking to 60Hz, want to see if I just wasn't setting things up or some weird V-Sync issue in the benchmarks I used.

Thanks for the link to the frame skip test, was looking for it but didn't know the name. Oc'ed my Hp 2009m from 60hz to 85hz so much smoother when scrolling web pages etc. but still makes me want a high res monitor.

Back