• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon Motherboard Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Over the past several months since Skylake CPUs have been released, Overclockers.com has been fortunate enough to review several different Z170 boards from all walks of life. The platform at this time is maturing (in age); boards are more stable, DDR4 memory, and PCIe-based SSD support are constantly improving. To improve upon things before Broadwell-E comes out here soon(ish), a lot of vendors are starting to implement aesthetic improvements such as more controllable RGB LEDs as is the case with the review board, the MSI Z170 Gaming Pro Carbon. Get comfy and let's take a deeper dive and see how the board performs in our testing and how the board and those LEDs look!

Click here to view the article.

Well done. I checked their website looking for the power phase info and didn't see any. Looking at the board I got confused as it looks like 8-2 to me. Is that correct?:confused:

Should be a 5+4+1+1 on the mosfets, but it looks like the chokes are shared for the iGPU phases (2 instead of 4) and VCCIO/VCCSA phases.

Not much better that the budget Gigabyte Power phase on Z170-HD3 is 4+2+1 this is what they told me on the email.

Back