• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Custom Watercooling Build but not getting watercooled temps need help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This can't be right. If the mounts are good on all the blocks then you shouldn't be getting these temps at all.

Drain some water out of the reservoir enough so you can see the water pour into it. Run the system after. You should see right away if the flow is good.

- - - Updated - - -

we get some new pics of the system with that new pump installed too please?

Please re-read my past posts. It will help.

Also, it doesn't matter which way you have the water flow to the CPU and GPU blocks with the exception of a few manufacturers. Just make sure you have the right orientation if you do have said manufacturer that requires it.

Something is really wrong here. Need to get a more stable and consistent program other then Link (Close it down) to get your temps from and go from there. AMD CPUs need a set of particular programs that are more accurate then others. Some other programs are stronger for intel.

OK so the loop goes a little different now. Pump>240>CPU>120>GPU>360>Pump. On the inlet of the pump is a 4 way x piece. I have the inlet to pump, the return from 360 Radiator, Temp Sensor, and on the top is the flow from RES.Im going to uninstall Corsair link and try it Hardware monitor by itself and see if the temps are different I know that the CPU temp is incorrect cause of bios and AIDA 634 but the GPU still get too hot and the PC shuts down when running HEaven. I hav ethe inlet and outlet correct on the blocks. I have also ask a question to the manufactor of the block alphacool to try and help also. I did the flow test you suggested removing a tube and the water is gushing out I even ran the test with the pump on max and the temp of the water only raise 3 C at the most when doing GPU stress and CPU stress. DSC05034.JPG DSC05035.JPG DSC05036.JPG DSC05037.JPG DSC05038.JPG DSC05039.JPG DSC05040.JPG

OK so its weird. I uninstalled Corsair Link program and I ran Heaven with HWMonitor and the GPU temp didn't go above 70C, The CPU temp in HWMonitor is around 52 C and GPU 51 C at idle. Without Corsair Link I'm not able to monitor or control my water loop Fans and pump. Only one fan is connected to MB and that's the 200mm intake fan. Since the GPU block dint heat up while running Heaven I am agreeing with earlier comment that Corsair Link is buggy and was causing issues with my loop. Somehow the software did manage to heat my GPU up but the temp it was reporting were not correct. So is it safe to says that the loop is working correctly? ALso since I have the Mini Commander for LInk with my fans, pump and temp sensor connected I do have a way of controlling it with the software uninstalled.

Interesting.. Maybe corsair link was causing the pump to run slower than it should have been this whole time??

Temps sound much better!

Also odd question: is there a return line to your res?? It doesn't look like it in your pics??

No the res is attached to the pump intake directly. The return from loop, res, and temp sensor are all connected to a 4 way X piece that's connected to the inlet of pump. I waiting till the res for the pump arrive and I may use it. The temps are better now that the GPU lines are run correctly. the CPU is at 34 C idle I'm using AIDA 64 to monitor it while even under load. I don't think HWMonitor or Corsair was reporting the right temps.

No the res is attached to the pump intake directly. The return from loop, res, and temp sensor are all connected to a 4 way X piece that's connected to the inlet of pump. I waiting till the res for the pump arrive and I may use it. The temps are better now that the GPU lines are run correctly. the CPU is at 34 C idle I'm using AIDA 64 to monitor it while even under load. I don't think HWMonitor or Corsair was reporting the right temps.

Oh! A cross piece! I like that idea actually.
So your CPU is 52c at idle still?

Your GPUs hit 70c under load. What does your CPU hit under load?
If all is well then it seems that Corsair Link was to blame..

My CPU at idle is around 32c. Load its at 34c. The GPU at idle I'm not sure but when Heaven runs at 100% load it max at 70c. AIDA temps are use for the CPU and Heaven is use for the GPU. I'm like the set up and case going to wait till the new 14nm stuff gets release and then I may upgrade since there not many games out that I'm looking to play.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you all for your help and posts. Yes Corsair Link is a problem

OK well I thought I had the system figured out. I know my pump is running cause I let out enough water so I can physically see water coming into my res which is attach to the top of the pump. the res pump combo came in for my MCP50X pump. I had everythgin running as normal and went to play Archeage all of a sudden about 5 mins into the game I hear a pop and then no video. I turned off the system rebooted and still no video I felt the GPU block it felt hot. I change my CPU out for an APU and now I have video. I'm so confuse the card died but it had no problems when I was running Heaven after I fix the flow issue. SO the question is do I keep this APU or get another 280 since I have the block or wait until AMD new 14nm stuff is release which is around 2017?

Have you removed the water block from the card to see what is going on? Did you have a water leak possibly? The card may not be completely dead.

A "pop"? That sounds like you have blow some component on the GPU... Did you smell any smoke? Can you see any black burnt marks on the back of the GPU?

If it was the loop not cooling correctly again a GPU would throttle down to save itself and cool down in most cases.

See if you can test that 280 in another computer. If you get no video i would RMA the 280.
Personally i would not settle for an APU.

Also just so we are on the same page, you removed the CPU and installed an APU then removed the GPU and are getting video from the APU? Correct?

Sorry for late reply I was on mission. Yes I was getting video from the APU using the HDMI port on the MB. The video card HDMI, DVI, and VGA ports produce no video at all. I have had the video card for almost 3 years so not sure if I can RMA since I have to remove the warranty screw to attach the water block. I know APU aren't the best for gaming but with the current gen stuff I have and looking to upgrade to the new 14nm and DDR4 when its release upon the horizon I think a APU for no is the cheapest of the solution. I looked on ebay and 280 are going for way more than they are worth and I have to get a new waterblock for a newer card which I just rather wait and use a APU which I got for under 130 USD.

- - - Updated - - -

There was no water leaks on the card at all.

Back