• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radeon Pro Duo (Fury X) Launch Date 04/26/2016

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dudleycpa

Good Day, Evening, or Night to Everyone.

According to videocardz.com (Linky)

AMD Fury X doubled is the Radeon Pro Duo.

Price 1696 EUR in Spain

Only 4K users? Fiji Series:
TDP of 350W 4GB HBM (High Block Memory)X2 8GB Total

"I'm hoping that someone is playing a late April Fool's Day Joke."

Last edited:
I'm sorry I thought that this article was posted yesterday.

Today's date it 04/17/2016 or 17/04/2016.

Do you think that the article is FUD (Fear Uncertainty Doubt)?

I wouldn't be surprised by that.

It says the launch date is 4/26, not 4/17 is the point. ;)

Sir I do appreciate you input.

If Polaris 10 is shipping in July(ish) - that is the point I am trying to make.

This is NOW and that is future.:D

About $1900 dollars and the 480/480x may be about what? $500(ish)?

Not sure you understood the input, lol!

Anyway, what part are you asking if it's FUD? The card is real, set to come outo soon. That's another in a pool of rumors. I'd imagine it to come out soon regardless when Polaris is supposed to come out. The big Polaris part with hbm isn't supposed to be for several months. The 470 or 480 is going to be a midrange part. I'd imagine somewhere above 390x and at fury/nano levels performamce wise.

$1900 doesn't sound that outrageous , as long as you're not comparing it to my budget. :/ $1600 Titan X , anyone? Following the long established pattern I would expect prices to drop. Although I do wonder if there is a price ceiling beyond which consumers will just say No. I guess that would depend a lot on game developers?
As for release dates , AMD's record for timing hasn't been great lately. The NVidia cards had pretty much wrapped up the market before the last round of Team Red's cards came out , and still didn't compare to the 980/980 Ti cards. It will be interesting to see how this round goes and whether or not AMD can deliver something that puts them on top for a while. 295 x2 performance for 980 Ti money would be nice. LOL

You both are reading my mind!

I'm thinking that the 470 is July-ish aimed at the mobility market. 480 midrange price and performance (better than a 390/390X in performance~???).

Vega is 2017. (that is the rumor that I've have read).

Alaric - NVIDIA GP104 in June. That news looks mighty interesting!

Brother If I could change it you know I would.

I don't think that a title can be?:(

I tried to change the title. I couldn't - I may have missed something up there.

It has been a long day.......

BTW - Thanks for doing what you do. Being a mod and helping a dope like me can't always be shall we say "enjoyable". There is you, Rainless, ATMINSIDE, Oklahoma Wolf, AudioAficionado, Evilzier.......and another 30 to 50 people on here who post and help each other out. So, Thanks!

Helping someone with their first rig is a special.......

Peace

This is supposed to be release 2 days after my BDAY. Can someone send me a PAYED IN FULL preorder slip :)

If you send me you dog!:D

Full article is here: (LINKY)

Interesting what it is aimed at: "16 teraflops the Radeon Pro Duo brings more than twice the compute horsepower of Nvidia’s GTX Titan X which peaks at 7 teraflops and more than three times the performance of AMD’s popular Radeon R9 390 graphics card. The AMD Radeon Pro Duo is designed with DirectX 12 games and Virtual Reality in mind for both professional VR and DX12 content creators as well as content consumers.".

Price point is $1,500.
" The $1500 AMD Radeon Pro Duo with 16 TERAFLOPs of graphics & compute horsepower. This cutting edge liquid cooled graphics board is powered by two of AMD’s latest Fiji GPU featuring vertically stacked High Bandwidth Memory. The first and only GPU in the world to use this next generation memory technology."

HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY!:bday::cheers:

If you send me you dog!:D

Full article is here: (LINKY)

Interesting what it is aimed at: "16 teraflops the Radeon Pro Duo brings more than twice the compute horsepower of Nvidia’s GTX Titan X which peaks at 7 teraflops and more than three times the performance of AMD’s popular Radeon R9 390 graphics card. The AMD Radeon Pro Duo is designed with DirectX 12 games and Virtual Reality in mind for both professional VR and DX12 content creators as well as content consumers.".

Price point is $1,500.
" The $1500 AMD Radeon Pro Duo with 16 TERAFLOPs of graphics & compute horsepower. This cutting edge liquid cooled graphics board is powered by two of AMD’s latest Fiji GPU featuring vertically stacked High Bandwidth Memory. The first and only GPU in the world to use this next generation memory technology."

HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY!:bday::cheers:
^ Thank You.... I get the opportunity to turn 47
Thanks for the link also:)
If you check the HWbot - Hardware - Video Cards - AMD Rx 300 series (They have finally started populating that series) the Fury X in GPUPI 1b is slower than my submission with a STOCK XFX R9 290. This benching program relies heavily on the Mathematical performance of the video card.

Most likely AMD is only selling them on very very limited qtys, besides its more a branding product than a commercial one.

I really don't see the real purpose of this card (other than to say they could.) Maybe just for the people that can only fit a single card solution in their case.

It is supposedly ~30% faster than a titanx, which is nice, but costs 50% more. And over 2x more than two 980tis that would blow this card out of the water in many circumstances.

Timing couldn't be worst! :D
Well, even if the Duo card is the performance leader after nvidia and AMD releases the new gen, who would wan't such a power beast when you can just pair 2 of the new gen and get much better efficiency?

Timing couldn't be worst! :D
Well, even if the Duo card is the performance leader after nvidia and AMD releases the new gen, who would wan't such a power beast when you can just pair 2 of the new gen and get much better efficiency?

+1

Back