• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radeon Pro Duo (Fury X) Launch Date 04/26/2016

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
AMD Radeon Pro Duo is 50% faster than Radeon Fury X

Looking at the benchmarks I'm not quite sure what to think.

I thought it was suppose to be for VR and/or 4K?

Polaris 11 debuts in July-ish (and it's for the "mobility" market segment). For Polaris 11 think desktop replacement would be 470????
AMD/ATI GPU Unit [financials] actually isn't doing that bad compared to their CPU Unit - I "had/have" high hopes for Polaris and Vega.
If (and this is a big if) is a "stop gap" measure by AMD/ATI to compete with Nvidia they have a long way to go.
AMD/ATI was planning on this costing $1,500 (three times the cost of Fury equals twice as fast?????)

Please comment as you see fit!:shock:

Well, this product was never intended for massive sales. It's more a halo product that they hope makes ppl want to buy underlying products, such as Fury.
Of course Fury was a flop and they already had developed this since... well December? And why not showing off something while you still dont have polaris.

I wouldnt expect much from Polaris in terms of brute force, meaning performance. I think they will try to get a good value proposition and nvidia will go all in with performance.

I think they will try to get a good value proposition and nvidia will go all in with performance.

That, unfortunately, has been AMD's role in the market for quite some time. It hasn't done them any favors, either. Their market share continues to shrink and that won't be fixed by doing the same old thing the same old way. I think they should have done more with the 295x2 concept , like work on lowering the price and selling more of them. My $.02.

That, unfortunately, has been AMD's role in the market for quite some time. It hasn't done them any favors, either. Their market share continues to shrink and that won't be fixed by doing the same old thing the same old way. I think they should have done more with the 295x2 concept , like work on lowering the price and selling more of them. My $.02.

The 295x2 posts excellent benches for some games, your idea makes excellent sense. Tell them!

The 295x2 posts excellent benches for some games, your idea makes excellent sense. Tell them!

vrworld.com

Linky

"According to AMD, Radeon Pro Duo replaces AMD R9 Radeon 295 X2 as the world’s fastest graphics card, built for DirectX 12 and VR"

HARDOCP (04/26/2016)

Linky

It's a mini review with a couple interesting screenshots.

They sure did!

This wouldn't have been bad if it was 980Ti price wise and performed like two Fury Xs. Alas it does not.

While the Fury Pro Duo is nice, not everybody needs (to pay for) the extra horsepower. I don't cretate content, but I'd love the 295x2 grunt in a single card. Just not for $1500. Nope.

Tldr: for a gamer this card is a very large waste of money.

Yup. Seems like a pretty limited market for the hype and cost of it. I really don't know anything about their stated market for the card, but my first reaction is "Have they lost their damn minds???".

Yup. Seems like a pretty limited market for the hype and cost of it. I really don't know anything about their stated market for the card, but my first reaction is "Have they lost their damn minds???".

I wonder how much it really costs them to manufacture one Radeon Pro Duo? Even considering recouping R&D costs it couldn't be anywhere near $1500 could it?

At this point, I'm guessing AMD will obsolete the R295x2? But why not do what you suggested and just lower the price on the R295x2 and sell more units? Maybe the Radeo Pro Duo and R295x2 are made on the same manufacturing line so it's an either/or choice.

Back