• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My New Water Cooling Project OOOOFAAAAAAAAA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bishopheals

Registered
So here's my Project

ha1_zpsaowipvcz.jpg
ha2_zpsyvmlv9xv.jpg
ha3_zpsxci3xiow.jpg

Here's my patient
I'm looking to transform & perform one hell of an operation on.

haf932_zpsegqnlik0.jpg

Current Build

cpu1_zpswtkrieer.png
cpu2_zpsqhnc8ffq.png
cpu3_zpsfhfkhtzt.png
cpu4_zpsvc6iuzbp.png
cpu5_zps5sefvrgt.png
cpu6_zpswjda418f.png

Current Air cooling Temps
hwmonitor_zpsujfeitxs.png

Following Spreadsheet link has all items listed of what is going to be installed.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zHadh_QI1il5sOoWSc6XcfbgrkagPmk6czYEoZS_kgs/edit?usp=sharing

The parts I have listed if you know of a better place to get them in USA or better bargain let me know.
Im still torn on Bor Glass tubing 13mm or 12mm. I seen some 16mm glass tubing but i think thats insane to find fittings for.

As a side note its a haf 932 case and I will be derivting it, washing it and painting it and adding leds.
feel free to comment if you have any creative ideas to make it even more of a kick ***.

I'll be youtubing this and putting it on my channels.

nice set up it will be, by the way what coolers are on it now ?also i dunno if you know but when you click on the case photo, all your other pics are there to see after it as well, as far as the tubing size goes, size means flow, good flow means less restriction for the pump and better cooling, but yes it depends whether you can get the fittings, but im sure it would certainly help temps due to more flow , IMO opinion anyway , and i know this from doing drilling, irrigation and pump installation work for yrs, i dont see computer water cooling as any different, exactly the same principle

nice set up it will be, by the way what coolers are on it now ?also i dunno if you know but when you click on the case photo, all your other pics are there to see after it as well, as far as the tubing size goes, size means flow, good flow means less restriction for the pump and better cooling, but yes it depends whether you can get the fittings, but im sure it would certainly help temps due to more flow , IMO opinion anyway , and i know this from doing drilling, irrigation and pump installation work for yrs, i dont see computer water cooling as any different, exactly the same principle

Hey Buddy Ya I would love to get the glass tubing bigger just still looking into the fittings to see if its possible.
As for the current cooling heatsync and fan im using
Prolimatech Megahalems with a Delta 120 x 38mm 252.8 CFM

I don't know that is entirely true Ozz. I don't mean to derail your thread Bishop so I'll keep this short. More flow does not necessarily mean lower temps. The exception is if there is inadequate flow to begin with. So long as you're getting about a gallon per minute or better you'll have adequate flow. I'll link a few threads if you'd like.

Looks like a great build. That HAF 932 looks to be an excellent candidate for this project. I can't wait to see updates.

I don't know that is entirely true Ozz. I don't mean to derail your thread Bishop so I'll keep this short. More flow does not necessarily mean lower temps. The exception is if there is inadequate flow to begin with. So long as you're getting about a gallon per minute or better you'll have adequate flow. I'll link a few threads if you'd like.

Looks like a great build. That HAF 932 looks to be an excellent candidate for this project. I can't wait to see updates.

Thanks buddy for the info, I kinda figured adding a bigger tube is goign to give mor eflow but I didnt think it will cool it anymore depends on resistance.
I cant wait for this weekend to remove the rivets and start the cleaning and painting process. next week Ill begin the ordering process of the parts.

Right. Larger tubing has a large diminishing return. It's possible to get 1 or 2c cooler but you can get a much better improvement with fans or a smaller (read lower Wattage) pump. Ozz I want to apologize. I didn't mean to discredit your statement. What I should have said is there's really no reason to go above 1/2" I.D.

Never mind I found the conversion chart for 16mm tubing I need 5/8 1/2 inch. OOOFAAAAAAAAA time to look for some pipin hot fittings....

Yes, those would be perfect. I haven't built a hard tubing build yet so I can't offer much for knowledge there, only what I've read. With that said you should seriously consider a dedicated means of filling and draining. It's a much bigger challenge to fill and drain with hard tubes. Also I would steer clear of Frozen CPU. They have a, shall we say, less than desirable reputation the last year or two. There are many other options and I can list some for you if you'd like.

Yes, those would be perfect. I haven't built a hard tubing build yet so I can't offer much for knowledge there, only what I've read. With that said you should seriously consider a dedicated means of filling and draining. It's a much bigger challenge to fill and drain with hard tubes. Also I would steer clear of Frozen CPU. They have a, shall we say, less than desirable reputation the last year or two. There are many other options and I can list some for you if you'd like.

Oh ya please do my friend. I spoke with someone today from Frozen CPU named Rowan. I was asking him about the conversion size fittings. I told him I needed a rigid fittings for 16mm glass tubbing and I dont see the 90 degrees for it. I do see the reguler compression fittings at 90 degrees but i was told that doesnt work well for Glass tubing. Rowan says it does work as long as the inner diameter is a 1/2 inch but I was confused becuase the rigid compression you get an oring that goes over the glass tubing and then it seals it with the top part and nothing is going inside the inner diameter. When I saw jays 2 cents video on the rigid compression for glass, acrylic, etc its only oring goes outer diameter of the tube nothing is going inside so size doesnt matter for the inner diameter. Now back tot he drawing board tryhign to get the right 90 degrees rigid fittings for the 16mm glass tube which is 5/8.

Ok just a heads up I pretty much ordered 75 percent of the items I listed. Only 25 percent to go.
performance pc is having on hell of a spring sell of 8-10 percent off.
http://us1.campaign-archive2.com/?u=c5d0ca22f571464ad3718ac66&id=69531b07e9

As I get the items I'll keep updating the thread. I was going to dismantle my pc this past weekend to clean and paint it but I thought let me wait tillI get all the items so I don't have to dismantel everything again.

Those are Great Links.
Im wondering if there is any specials coupon codes?

Those are Great Links.
Im wondering if there is any specials coupon codes that we can use since im investing almost 1k
?

Bill from MNPCtech has mentioned a discount for OCF members. Let me look up the thread for you.

I need to save money on the fittings. performance PC savings ended yesterday. I couldn't by the fittings without assembling my rads and pumps etc to get a better look at what i need. Now I'm looking to see who's the cheapest for fittings and if they have a discount code.

Frozen CPU has 5.1% off using "pcapex"
Performance pc has 5.5% off using "OCN55"

Back