• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel Pentium Dual Core E2180 Overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NachoGSR

Hello, I know this is an old CPU but I'd like to Overclock it as much as posible in order to give it more use. I know my machine is a Time Capsule with a lot of old parts and the problem is that the computer crashes when I take it over 2.2GHz.

Here are the PC specs:
Motherboard: Foxconn 945G7AD (LGA 775 Socket)
CPU: Intel Pentium Dual Core E2180 @2.0GHz (OC to 2.2GHz currently)(Stock Intel cooler)
RAM: Kingston KVR667D2N5/1G DDR2 1GB x4 667MHz
GPU: EVGA GeForce 9500GT DDR2 1GB
BIOS: Phoenix Award BIOS (I don't remember the version number)

Thanks in advance!

is there an option to raise the cpu voltage ? is it on stock voltage now, you should be able to clock it a bit higher even on stock voltage

is the thermal paste between the cpu and cooler new or old paste?

what are your temps ?

cpuz will tell you the bios and version of it in the mainboard tab

theres not a whole lot of difference between a E2140 and a E2180

this is my E2140 a while back,

http://hwbot.org/submission/3078286_ozzie_cpu_frequency_pentium_e2140_3552.34_mhz

Last edited:
Yes, I can increase the CPU voltage, but I don't know how much I should increase, about the thermal paste, it is the same it was applied 9 years ago and I dont have now the equipment yo change it, muy temps are between 45°C and 55°C, and I cant turn the PC on nos so I cant check the BIOS versión, maybe tomorrow I can do it, thanks for replying

well to start, id be changing the thermal paste after 9 yrs, and if you can grab yourself a decent air cooler like a evo 212 or 212x i if it will fit in your case of course, dont like those temps at stock settings, too high for my liking

Well, I dont want to spend money, I was planning to add some case fans because I dont have, and I think my motherboard stops me from going over 2.2ghz, even if i set the RAM speed to 400mhz

Yes, I tried using them but when I get to the second option the system does not boot, and the same when I manually set the bus speed to a higher level than 220MHz
I'll keep trying and I will add some case fans, I hope temps will get lower after this, anyways, thanks for helping

I have a newer version of the BIOS, and whe I overclock from the bios it usually does not boot, so I use a program made by Foxconn called FOX ONE tha lets me overclock from windows

It's probably your ram that's causing issues. Drop the ram speed below the rated 667 then try to raise the FSB again.

Now I have my RAM set to 533MHz so I can get to 2.2GHz but even if I get it to 400MHz I cant go further, thanks anyway

Last edited:
Well, I think this is it, I tried everything in order to get more than 2.22GHz but it is a failure so I will leave it as it is, thanks anyway!

Back