• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Welcome our newest Senior Member - Blaylock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I enter here with caution...

knowing the possible consequences.

But it would be indecently thoughtless of me to not give Blaylock a hearty hand-shake and back-slap!!!:salute:

Let me sharpen my quill, edify my prose nd convey this noteworthy anecdote for posterity sake…

As a nomadic cyberspace traveler, I previously never had the need or desire for Forum membership.
Like all the other interlopers, I gleaned what I needed and moved on.
Until I ran into OCF while investigating the most basic system mods.
I had no idea this universe even existed and had no idea what HwBot was.

My initial foray into actually subjecting myself to the indignity of posting questions was limited to the specific issues I was encountering.
I had no interest in Benching at the time. I was just interested in building and decided to make my mark by doing a proj log.

Enter Blaylock.

He was one of the few who could stomach my initial existential ramblings on the emotional transformations I was undergoing.
He jumped right in, took interest in my undertakings and provided feedback.
When I finally had the preliminary build finished Blaylock posed a loaded question to me:

“So after all that work, what are you going to do with it now?"

“uh, err Dunno, game on it” (I don’t really game much)

“Well why don’t you sign up on hwbot and bench it…”

“Well, I don’t want to have to tear into it. Its my baby…”

“Well get a test bench, and you will be surprised what you will eventually end up doing…”

“uh, er, OK a “test bench”?

He sent me a link to some test benches (again clueless) and also pointed me to the “How to become…” thread.

Blaylock gave me the t-shirt and the pill.
I had to buy my own tennis shoes though…

So we all have either:

Blaylock to thank for his recruitment prowess and bringing the SwartHack aboard...

Or

Blaylock to blame for his bad judgement and bringing SwartHack aboard.

All of us fall into either one of these camps.

Cheers!

Lol I can only show you the door Neo. You're the one that has to walk through it.

Thank you Swarthack. Say, how is that test bianch going anyhow?

congrats Blaylock. Sorry it has taken so long for me to congratulate you on your "promotion"

Hello all,
. . . . I guess I am now the newest senior member. I was brought in to this world on 1-18-55. I have been building computers for years. I like what I am seeing here. I have never bought a pre-built box. Well I decided to build a very large and fast system. My name for it is the SuperComputer. Right now I am running Win8.1 Pro 64 bit on an AsRock EP2C612WS MB with two Intel i7 E5-2603 1.6 GHz 6 core CPUs. I am running a FirePro W5000 graphics card and I am going to replace it with two EVGA GeForce GTX 980 cards. I have installed two Crucial 16 GB ram cards and I am going to add 6 more giving me a total of 128 GB on board. I am liquid cooling the CPUs, an AquaComputer Aquaero 6XT, and two hard drives that are mounted on a AquaComputer liquid block. My radiator is a AquaCool Monsta 240mm. I am using four fans in a push-pull configuration. Two of the fans are PWM and two are analog. I plan on replacing those two with PWM fans. As I add components I will add to the liquid cooling setup. There is more but that is enough for now.

. . . . What is the HwBot? Could I please get the link to the test benches? BlayLock, I had a hard time figuring out your setup. Could you please walk me though it? I am curious. Bye for now. I'll be back.
GOD Bless all of you.
rich!

Hello all,
. . . . I guess I am now the newest senior member. I was brought in to this world on 1-18-55. I have been building computers for years. I like what I am seeing here. I have never bought a pre-built box. Well I decided to build a very large and fast system. My name for it is the SuperComputer. Right now I am running Win8.1 Pro 64 bit on an AsRock EP2C612WS MB with two Intel i7 E5-2603 1.6 GHz 6 core CPUs. I am running a FirePro W5000 graphics card and I am going to replace it with two EVGA GeForce GTX 980 cards. I have installed two Crucial 16 GB ram cards and I am going to add 6 more giving me a total of 128 GB on board. I am liquid cooling the CPUs, an AquaComputer Aquaero 6XT, and two hard drives that are mounted on a AquaComputer liquid block. My radiator is a AquaCool Monsta 240mm. I am using four fans in a push-pull configuration. Two of the fans are PWM and two are analog. I plan on replacing those two with PWM fans. As I add components I will add to the liquid cooling setup. There is more but that is enough for now.

. . . . What is the HwBot? Could I please get the link to the test benches? BlayLock, I had a hard time figuring out your setup. Could you please walk me though it? I am curious. Bye for now. I'll be back.
GOD Bless all of you.
rich!

Hey Rich,

I don't believe "Senior Member" carries the meaning you believe it to.
Please see the below excerpt from our forum rules:
[*] Senior Members are knowledgable, experienced and level headed members who have contributed greatly to the forums. These members have no moderating authority but are an important part of the forum staff - they are the link between the members and the moderators. If you would like to nominate an outstanding member to be considered for promotion to senior please contact any moderator or administrator with who and why.

Thanks,
ATM

Atm,
. . . . You are correct and I apologize. I was hoping to get some additional help with overclocking. Even though I have been building systems for decades I have never done any over clocking. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

GOD Bless all of you.
rich!

Hey Rich,

I don't believe "Senior Member" carries the meaning you believe it to.
Please see the below excerpt from our forum rules:

Thanks,
ATM

I would create your own thread Mechanic. This one is to celebrate Blay's promotion. ;)

That said, here is the hwbot website that lists the benchmarks: http://hwbot.org/benchmarks

But I would create your own thread and ask about overclocking there. We also have plenty of guides in the INtel section (Ultimate sticky guide). Once you create your thread we will swoop in and give you some great attention. See you there! :)

Earthdog,
. . . . I appreciate you telling me this. Again I need to apologize. I didn't intent to co-op Blaylock's promotion. Congratulation Blaylock.
rich!

I would create your own thread Mechanic. This one is to celebrate Blay's promotion. ;)

That said, here is the hwbot website that lists the benchmarks: http://hwbot.org/benchmarks

But I would create your own thread and ask about overclocking there. We also have plenty of guides in the INtel section (Ultimate sticky guide). Once you create your thread we will swoop in and give you some great attention. See you there! :)

Nothing to worry about Rich. Welcome to the forums. I'm not sure which set-up you are referring to. I have about 4-5 rigs up and running as/when needed.

Back