• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Average overclock on EVGA Titan X Hydro Series?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JLambeth87

Looking to overclock my GPUs. I have 2 titan x's in SLI. What do you think the average overclock will be? Thanks

Josh

Here is what I currently am able to achieve on my system. Anything above this and it crash's... I know I should be able to get more than +75mhz on the cores... I would hope anyway.

Capture.JPG

What is +75? I don't see the core clocks in your screenshot.

FWIW, my GTX780 clocks to 1201 Core, 1560 mem.
Also, use EVGA PrecisionX. It allows for an overboost in voltage. If my stock BIOS didn't throttle I can get 1241Mhz core at 1.3v.
Care must be taken though, I fried my other GTX780 but it took a few months running it nearly 20 hours/day. :D

Sorry here is current clocks and temps under load (currently folding) after about 2hrs.

12.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm higher than mine. I thought they would be the same, but I've never had or seen a Titan X overclock.
That said IIRC SLI makes overclocking a bit more difficult. So that might be the limiting factor.

You can safely go up to +37mV btw. :thup:
I bump the clocks up then run Heaven bench maxed out settings to check for stability. The power limit is a balancing act... for me running the fans at max speed eats up 2% of my power limit.. But keeping the chip cooler helps with stability. In your case you are water cooled so that helps a bit.

I think the memory is fast enough already, focus on the core overclocks first then tweak the memory. Then fine tune to prevent throttling under full load. Kinda fun actually! :thup:
That's how I settled on my overclock of 1200Mhz core, 1560Mhz memory at 1237mV fan @ 67% using the EVGA PrecisionX overboost voltage.

An "average" OC of a $1500 card will require several owners to post results. Might be you will have to be one of those several owners that benefits others down the line.

I hate being a guinea pig... haha

I'll do some more digging and see what i can find.

Josh

Josh, Hold off on pushing until you install that MO-RA3 in the loop. You need to bump the core voltage higher BUT wait until you upgrade the cooling capacity.

I messed around with it a bit the other night. I'm ALMOST stable at 1481mhz on the Core at +112mV and +110 on power. Temps are 51-52*C. I make it to test 20/26 on Heaven and then the system full crash's. I'm slowly backing the Core Clock down till it's stable. Memory clock is stock. I am able to make it through a 3DMark Firestrike Extreme Benchmark. Score is posted below.

One quick question. In Heaven the Core clock is reading different than in Afterburner... anyone know why?

Capture.JPG CoreClock..JPG

Josh

Haha thanks. I wish I knew what was causing it to not pass at those speeds. I'm assuming it's lack of power but since I'm maxed out on this BIOS I don't think I'll get to 1500mhz. :( I'm a bit nervous to flash new BIOS to the cards. I tried it once and it didn't take for some reason and I had to drain my loop and pull the card to out it in another system to reflash the stock BIOS which was a pain!

I don't know how thw VRM section is on the Titan Xs but if they are the same as the 780 flashing a custom BIOS is a good way to burn your card.

Thats what happened to ny first GTX780.. Burned up months after I flashed the skyn3t BIOS. Too much volts too much heat. The VRMs couldnt handle it.

Back