• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair stretches warranties for some PSUs to 10 years

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GTXJackBauer

Water Cooling Senior Member, #TEAMH20HNO
The new warranty period applies to all Corsair AXi, HXi, RMi, and RMx power supplies. If you buy one new, it'll be backed by 10 years, and if you already own one, you'll receive an additional 3 years of coverage. There's no additional registration or any other information required by current owners, either. - PCGamer

Source

I think I actually have one of those in the HTPC that's great

i dont mean to intrude in your thread and thought i'd mention that EVGA has increased its psu warranty to 10 yrs as well earlier last year, i had a evga supernova 1300 g2 that i bought of fleabay last year, was running for months then just went bang, contacted evga not expecting anything as it was bought 2nd hand, i got an email back and they paid for the freight there and back, picked up and delivered at my door by courier, and replaced the psu with brand new,i was a happy boy and very greatful :clap:

i dont mean to intrude in your thread and thought i'd mention that EVGA has increased its psu warranty to 10 yrs as well earlier last year, i had a evga supernova 1300 g2 that i bought of fleabay last year, was running for months then just went bang, contacted evga not expecting anything as it was bought 2nd hand, i got an email back and they paid for the freight there and back, picked up and delivered at my door by courier, and replaced the psu with brand new,i was a happy boy and very greatful :clap:

That's great to hear.

These US companies do have some of the best CS out there. I should note, EVGA's PSUs, iirc, had already come with a 10 year warranty. Some of the other competitors come with a 5 year warranty only so its nice to see both of these companies have a long term warranty for their end users.

After what I went through with my Corsair PSU, granted I was taken care of from all parties involved, its nice to see those extra years added on such a expensive piece of hardware. :salute:

That's great to hear.

These US companies do have some of the best CS out there. I should note, EVGA's PSUs, iirc, had already come with a 10 year warranty. Some of the other competitors come with a 5 year warranty only so its nice to see both of these companies have a long term warranty for their end users.

After what I went through with my Corsair PSU, granted I was taken care of from all parties involved, its nice to see those extra years added on such a expensive piece of hardware. :salute:

yes i was over the moon actually, i think what these other companies are not realising is that when companies like evga / corsair etc actually look after their customer base on such a scale as this, it actually makes the customer think twice before buying something from another company, pretty much what im saying is ,......they've won my support for life, very good business practice and customer relations i think :thup:

I'm still using two of the original Corsair modular HX520's reviewed by Oklahoma Wolf 10 years ago. One is ten years old and the other is nine years. Admittedly both are on relatively light - medium duty rigs but there has been never an issue with either. Checking both with a DMM from time-to-time their 12V rails are still what they were originally (~12.16v).

I wonder if this has to do with some sort of design fault with the AXi series? I just bought two AX1200i PSUs for my two rigs and now I am reading scary stuff about AXi PSUs randomly entering into reboot loop failures and taking down GPUs and motherboards with them. Seems to be an awful lot of complaints including one on this very forum about an AX760i taking two GPUs down.

Bought the AX1200is based on the JohnnyGuru review and my past experience with Corsair TX and HX PSUs. The warranty extension is great, but if more than the PSU is at risk... I almost feel like selling the 1200s and getting something else. :(

Back