• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS Z170M-PLUS two gpu pcie config?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sorry for the long delay in response. I'm reading it as 16 + 4. It does not appear to split the lanes. A look here seems to confirm that. I think that the first card will get full x16 even if you have another card in the x4 slot.

That is correct Don. While that slot is electrically 8x, the CPU only has 16 PCIe lanes. I would imagine that last slot is tied to the PCH so in fact it does end up in a 16+4 config.

I think you mean x16 but the same answer. One is x16 physical and electrical. The other is x16 physical but only x4 electrical.

Yes, I was talking the other one. Not the 16x slot (top). But it's 8x electrical I believe. It's half the length of the 16x above it. But since the PCH feeds it, it's 4x max even though it's wired for 8x.

I wasn't catching what you were referring to but I see it now. However, and what adds to the confusion is that both Newegg and Asus state that this slot is x4 max. Perhaps it is wired up for a different chipset that was not used in this version?

I can't speculate to that point. I do know its common to have a board wired for more than it can handle though.

Back