• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

whats everyones opinion on tagan psu's?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shiozaki

They catch my attention and look neat, I see them for sale cheap enough, kinda want to pick one up.

Any particular model to avoid or look for ?

I wouldn't worry about our opinion, but find some reputable reviews on it... "It works fine" really tells noting about the PSU.

If I try to google "tagan PSU review" The hits are from no later than 2009... not a good start....

EDIT: didn't you just pick up a 1.2KW PSU???????

I wouldn't worry about our opinion, but find some reputable reviews on it... "It works fine" really tells noting about the PSU.

If I try to google "tagan PSU review" The hits are from no later than 2009... not a good start....

EDIT: didn't you just pick up a 1.2KW PSU???????

Sure did, but I got lots of builds I'm working on and I like using oddball stuff.

I wouldn't make your PSU an "oddball". As I said, they are old PSUs, no idea on the quality. Get something new and be an 'oddball' with parts that are less important to the life and stability of your machine. ;)

I just liked the look honestly.

I was iffy on that bfg psu till I was told other wise

As ED said, I wouldn't be looking to buy a 7+ year old power supply. For something that has the power to kill everything in your computer, find something that is current/new-ish and if you want some color look at sleeving your own cables or buying pre-sleeved ones in my opinion

As ED said, I wouldn't be looking to buy a 7+ year old power supply. For something that has the power to kill everything in your computer, find something that is current/new-ish and if you want some color look at sleeving your own cables or buying pre-sleeved ones in my opinion

Was just curious, I know a guy running one seems like it was a good working unit made me wonder

Tagan is ancient history - haven't heard that name in years. Topower was the OEM for many of their units, and they had to close their factory a while ago. They're still in business, but you can no longer buy something they made themselves, like in the Tagan days. Let that sink in for a bit...

I was iffy about Topower built units when they were new, let alone years later.

Tagan is ancient history - haven't heard that name in years. Topower was the OEM for many of their units, and they had to close their factory a while ago. They're still in business, but you can no longer buy something they made themselves, like in the Tagan days. Let that sink in for a bit...

I was iffy about Topower built units when they were new, let alone years later.

Thanks for the input, I hear you the man when it comes to psu's

Back