• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

S.O.S!! Please help me find a good pump....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Adi81

Hi All
Sorry about my English is not so good :-S
I need a bit help to found a good pump to my system. I am a beginner for water cooling, but I try to learn more and more.
I built my first system about 5 years ago, it was a 13/16mm flexible pvc holes system. Now I try the Acrylic because I love this design.
My pc is about 90% ready and working at the moment with a temporary chine rubbish pump :) It is looking not bad and function good, but very noise.

My config details: AMD 8350 cpu and XSPC RayStorm WaterBlock V3, Asus gaming pro aura mb, Sapphire radeon R9 290 + Alphacool waterblock, 16GB Corsair ram,
Black Ice Nemesis Radiator GTS 280, Black Ice Nemesis Radiator GTS 240, 10/13mm acrylic tubes. I used about 0,7L liquid in this system at the moment.
I know it is not a nuclear power plant but my budget is not too big.

So what I looking at the moment: A good design and quiet of water pump including reservoir tank.

Please help me to found the better one. My budget is around £150

here are some pics from my built:
20160424_212213000_iOS.jpg 20160424_212311000_iOS.jpg 20160424_155217000_iOSa.jpg
Regards,
Yanni

:welcome: to OCFs!

Thanks for sharing images of your PC to see in plain view of what were looking at here.

If you're looking to replace the pump with a stronger premium pump, I would look no less at the D5 or DDC pumps. A D5 or DDC (MCP35X or MCP50X) would do you justice. I honestly believe you could get away with that then replacing the actual reservoir but if you're set in stone in replacing it, take a look at the XSPC D5 Photon reservoir/pump combo.

Let us know what route you decide to take.

Yeah, that should work too. That is a DDC PWM pump. Just make sure it fits and you have a PWM fan header for it.

I use the 4pin W_Pump connector on the motherboard at the moment. So I think is good for the PWM pump as well OR NOT? :)

You should be good. Just make sure its 4-pin PWM from the MB's manual.

I am here again
Got the new pump. Works well, but something not good with the PWM setup

Here is the bios setup
sorry about the numbers are not good visible:

If I use these values, the pump working on full speed.

If I change the values for
30 the pump lose about 1200 from speed

I don't know what is the good setup.

Please help me somebody!!

20160501_160515804_i_OS.jpg

Here is my eventual loop
20160501_145932776_i_OS.jpg

Have no idea which exact MB you are using from you main post. It should tell you in your MB's manual which header you should connect the PWM pump too.

I showed a picture above from bios settings. I have 5 options to management my pump

Well from your image, you setup the min and max temps and PWM's %. Test out which you like the best. Try 30 min and 60 max temp along with 40 min and 60 max PWM %. Raise it as you see fit or just leave it at the same setting. Try lowering the speed to your liking of audibles based on the temps you get. If the temps rise while having the pump too low, raise the pump.

Back