• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

and speaking of failed, bright ideas

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
we all know that software is software an I don't care about this kit of parts so we'll just go with what we got.
I assume that this being ddr ram if it says 133 it is 133.
super pi mod is going to be the bench of choice MR Scott?

ok, here is my first go at super pi, 16m

Attachments

• 01.png
    01.png
    184 KB · Views: 101
we all know that software is software an I don't care about this kit of parts so we'll just go with what we got.
I assume that this being ddr ram if it says 133 it is 133.
super pi mod is going to be the bench of choice MR Scott?
Whatever you like man. SPI is usually 1m or 32m.
That ram is gonna kill ya.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd work your overclock first. Should be able to get that into the 2.8 range pretty easily.

gonna be a bit, I have corrupted the operating system, I think.
I have mouse and keyboard in the bios and up until about a minute and a half of operating system loading, then the operating system stops responding to them, either that or it's a system freeze.
at one time I had a benching xp operating system and I am going to try to find that.

I seem to be having some kind of trouble with my ECS K8T890-A motherboard... It will power up and I can boot into BIOS but I can't seem to get Windows to install onto a HDD?? The cpu/ram/psu are all working fine in another motherboard.

I might make another attempt at it :shrug: But I've now got an ASUS (NF4) board up and running instead...

Athlon X2 4600+ 2.6GHz DDR-520C3:
Athlon X2 4600+ @2.6GHz DDR 520 C3 AIDA64 Memory.PNG
Athlon X2 4600+ @2.6GHz DDR 520 C3 SuperPi 1M 33.328s.PNG

I thought I do a quick comparison to current gen. computer parts...

i5-6600K 2.6GHz (2C) DDR4-2800C13
i5-6600K @2.6GHz DDR4 2800C13 AIDA64 Memory.PNG
i5-6600K @2.6GHz DDR4 2800C13 SuperPi 1M.PNG

Switched out the stock AMD cooler for an Enzotech Extreme-X... I also have an old an Swiftech Apogee GT wateblock around and hopefully I can locate the corresponding AMD mount hardware?

I've been working my clocks up some more... Running SuperPi 1M as well a wPrime to stress both cores.

@scotty what type of ram kit (ic?) where you running for your earlier SuperPi run?? Winbond BH-5? I'm also curious about the DRAM voltage used?

Opteron 180 ~2.9GHz:
Opteron 180 @2.92GHz DDR-530C3 SuperPi 1M 29.265s.JPG
Opteron 180 @2.92GHz DDR-530C3 wPrime.JPG

any idea on how to get this thing to use usb mouse and keyboard, my ps2 stuff is just to far gone.
I can use a usb flash drive in the board but it will not see a usb keyboard to get into the bios nor in winders xp.

im sure JLK is right, use a ps2 mouse and keyboard to get into bios, then enable all usb, and anything else you want to able or disable, then reboot and see if usb works then check in hardware manager and see if there are any drivers are missing, you might need to install usb drivers

@scotty

TCase max for my Opty is 51C... When running wPrime 1024M I was seeing temps up in the mid 50's. What is considered to be max ~threshold (load) temps for socket 939 chips when benching?

Shrimpy is correct but most will start losing stability around 50c. I try to stay below that for maximum benching MHz.

Cold Boot issues range from 10c to -10c.

Best way to clock these with chilling is a simple bucket of ice water. Not cold enough to make an issue, but cold enough to get well past 3ghz.

Under water and chilled...

Installed a Swiftech Apogee GT waterblock and an XSPC RX280 rad to push beyond 3Ghz. I also followed ShrimpBrime's advice and stuck the rad in a bucket of ice water. :thup:

The Opty 180 chip was able to bench up around low 3.1GHz but when pushing higher the chip seemed to lose stability :shrug: Maybe at the chip's limits?

Cinebench 11.5 @ 3.05GHz:

Opteron 180 @3.05 GHz DDR-406C2 Cinebench 11.5 1.40.JPG

wPrime @ 3.1GHz:

wPrime 7.JPG

P1040240.JPG

Last edited:
OH!!!! quit showing off, every time I get my bclk over 207 it corrupt everything!!!!!!!

Under water and chilled...

Installed a Swiftech Apogee GT waterblock and an XSPC RX280 rad to push beyond 3Ghz. I also followed ShrimpBrime's advice and stuck the rad in a bucket of ice water. :thup:

The Opty 180 chip was able to bench up around low 3.1GHz but when pushing higher the chip seemed to lose stability :shrug: Maybe at the chip's limits?

That's about right.
Good job. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

OH!!!! quit showing off, every time I get my bclk over 207 it corrupt everything!!!!!!!

You're actually lucky you're getting that high.
That board has a non working PCI/AGP lock. It was a common thing on most VIA chipset boards. There were only a couple that had working locks.

The Opty 180 chip was able to bench up around low 3.1GHz but when pushing higher the chip seemed to lose stability Maybe at the chip's limits?

More v-core.

Back