• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does tubing brand matter?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just came across this: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?279118-Tygon-has-never-looked-so-sexy myself actually.

This would be totally something I would try! I like your idea of plugging the ends too. Keeps the dye out of the inner tubing and out of my rads!!

Has anyone here tried this before?
I came across IKIKINTHENUTZ's thread here on OCF but the images of the tubing are gone... :(

i remember looking at the thread, and it seemed to work fairly well at dyeing the tube

I wonder if the dye leeches out after a while though.

Honestly, even though the feser dye ended up collecting in my rad, it wasn't restricting the flow at all. So if it were to leech, other than staining my block it's not a huge deal.

And given the current condition of my block and res some dye would do wonders covering up that ugly plasticizer yellow stain. :p

I wonder if the dye leeches out after a while though.

Honestly, even though the feser dye ended up collecting in my rad, it wasn't restricting the flow at all. So if it were to leech, other than staining my block it's not a huge deal.

And given the current condition of my block and res some dye would do wonders covering up that ugly plasticizer yellow stain. :p

thats why i was thinking plug the ends of the tube, so that there is nothing in there to leech

A different product I know but .....

My buddy way back before camo rain jackets were available would die his Yellow rain jacket camo for hunting ducks. Worked well it just took time. As for leeching well after walking through the bush in the dark these jackets never lasted much more then a year or two but they didn't seem to fade much ..... but then they were never submerged 24 / 7. I have seen that thread for dying tube was almost going to try it, might be worth a try.

A different product I know but .....

My buddy way back before camo rain jackets were available would die his Yellow rain jacket camo for hunting ducks. Worked well it just took time. As for leeching well after walking through the bush in the dark these jackets never lasted much more then a year or two but they didn't seem to fade much ..... but then they were never submerged 24 / 7. I have seen that thread for dying tube was almost going to try it, might be worth a try.

Hmmm well perhaps that is the route I will go then. All depends on how easy Tygon is to acquire.

I haven't had much luck in finding any Tygon for under $50... PPCS wants 37$ for shipping on 12ft of E1000 tubing. (they dont have 12ft of 3603) so thats over 60$ right there.

Thw only other option for Primichill is white Advanced LRT from dazmode. Has anyone heard of dying Primochill Advanced LRT? Something tells me it will not absorb any of the dye...

I'll ask anyway, what would be the 2nd best tubing if I cant get Primochill?
What about that Mayhems clear tubing?

Can I ask( I may have forgotten) What is your primary goal here? Just the best blue tubing? If so let me know. I may be able to help.

Can I ask( I may have forgotten) What is your primary goal here? Just the best blue tubing? If so let me know. I may be able to help.

The goal is to find the best tubing. I want to do this right finally.
I originally wanted green tubing but I am open to any colours. I dont really have a theme going now anyways :p

I can't do it. I can't even find Tygon that is under 50$ for 10ft up here.
The ONLY option for Tygon is Usplastics.com but I'm unsure if they ship to Canada.

Here is my cart from PPCS:
Capture1.PNG Capture2.PNG
And from Primochill:
Capture3.PNG
Dazmode has no purple tubing. (I have decided on a purple/white theme now.)
At this point I'm willing to be the guinea pig on tubing again. I'm looking at the Mayhem's Ultra Clear tubing and dying it purple....

I never thought buying tubing would be this expensive. This is crazy. It would probably be cheaper to ship them to someone in the states and have them ship it to me!! :rofl:

This can be arranged Kyle. PM me and I'll look into it.

Edit: I may even be able to pick it up locally at Microcenter.

This can be arranged Kyle. PM me and I'll look into it.

Edit: I may even be able to pick it up locally at Microcenter.
Thanks John!!

Hopefully this isn't a lot of trouble for you. The man cave needs to be finished!!!

"Free" stuff isn't so free in Canada now is it? :p Maybe your tariffs in general are high.

I have decided and just bought 10ft of Mayhems Ultra Clear tubing.

I just couldn't justify paying $80CAD for 10ft of Primochill.
Buying it from Primochill themseleves, $50 shipping. Buying from PPCS, $47 shipping. Even having Blaylock buy it from Microcenter and shipping it was $66 USD ($7 in clamps included though) which is about $80 CAD. (Thanks again for shopping around for me Blay!!)

The mayhems cost me $27CAD shipped. I understand Primochill is hands down THE BEST tubing but the shipping costs are just too high. I really wanted to go Primochill too..

Ah well.. I will be attempting to dye this Mayhems with Rit dye, a turquoise colour to go with the LEDs. Hopefully it works out!

Did you check Dazmode?

Dyes again? I swore you swore by never using dyes again. I guess second time's a charm. ;) :p

Back