• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does tubing brand matter?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silver_Pharaoh

Likes the big ones n00b Member
Looking at getting 3/8" ID tubing for the new case. Compression fittings with polyethylene tubing looks nice but is very prone to leaks in tight spaces which is my current issue.

Since I've never actually bought the standard tubings out there I'm lost as to which brand is best.
I do not want to see plasticizer leeching again. As some know I have experimented with PEX then cheap PVC tubing from Home Depot. My res and block are both now stained an ugly yellow from the plasticizer and the feser dye experiment...

Obviously there is Primochill LRT, but it's expensive and Dazmode doesn't have it in any other colours than white...
I'd prefer a green tubing and since I will probably have to buy this tubing from PPCS, cheaper is better for the exchange rate and shipping.

How is Feser tubing? Masterkleer? Koolance tubing? Alphacool?
They all leech the same amount?

Thank you guys! :thup:

I never suggest anything except Primochill Advanced LRT, it's proven to be good.

i've used Darkside tubing a couple of times now, and havent had any issues, although i havent torn down the last loop i did with it yet.

I've used the darkside .... black tube after I tore down in about 6 months I found a light white coating on the inside of the tube. It does leach plasticizer but is not terrible. In the end it is just re-bagged Feser Tube. DazMode does have another brand ..... Mayhems ...... That is suposed to not leech plasticizer. This being said I have never personally used it ....... I cannot state this as fact.

https://www.dazmode.com/store/product/ultra-clear-tubing-38-12-1012mm-tubing/

PrimoChill advanced LRT has been tested for some time now to not leach and its safe to say they are the best PC liquid cooling tubing in the market.

I've used Primo Advanced LRT and Mayhems without any plasticizer issues :thup:

I even found Mayhems to be easier to work with than Primo....at least in the 3/8 x 5/8 :)

IIRC Witchy used a different brand that was cheaper than Advanced LRT and was pretty happy with it.

Edit: removed Edit

Last edited:
I used MasterKleer during the socket A/ P4 days and it would get cloudy after a few months using distilled water only. I also used some Swiftech stuff with the same results.

Been using Primochill with zero issues.

yes, EK rubber = WIN

No plastisizer in rubber and you can really pull tight bends with it.

I am digging in the flat black :)

Okay thank you guys! :thup:

So for the standard PVC tubing Primochill is the best. No leeching and pretty east to work with.
Only concern now is price... Vs Feser tubing Primochill is expensive. Plus the conversion rate. But it seems like it's totally worth it.

EK EPDM tubing? Never heard of that tubing thanks for bringing that up Blay and Witchy! I used some heater hose in the last loop, which was rubber also. No issues other than it absorbing a lot of plasticizer... EPDM is naturally black though so no green hose there. Worth considering still. Its would be reusable for ages and its really easy to work with too.

Does anyone here use Tygon? I have an Ideal Supply / NAPA Auto gift card that I might be able to use to get Tygon if ideal supply or napa carry it.
E1000 and the 44-BX I think are "plasticizer free". I have seen many use 3603 too. Any good? Of course, there's no green Tygon I think... :-/

I use 3603. It leaches but not so bad. Got almost 2 years out of it before anything noticeable.

Wow that's quite a long time!
That wasn't for 2 years straight without flushing though right?

Have you tried any other formulation of tygon Scott?

yes, EK rubber = WIN

No plastisizer in rubber and you can really pull tight bends with it.

I am digging in the flat black :)

I second that. Plus is sexy if you are not planning to use color liquid or color tubing. Other than that I found PrimoChill a good alternative too.

PrimoFlex Advanced LRT Flexible Tubing
900x900px-LL-7ee0b601_IMG_5669.jpeg

EK-Tube ZMT Matte Black
900x900px-LL-905c61d7_IMG_20160413_241415442.jpeg

I love how the EK tubing looks in your rig! Matches really well. But thats the thing. My case is made of poplar square dowel so its a light colour. I was thinking of using clear tubing with some non feser dye but coloured tubing is the smarter choice.

So the consensus is that Primochill is the way to go in terms of Pc watercooling for a worry free loop. In that case unless i can find some coloured tygon i will be picking some Primochill up soon. Hope it wont cost me more than 40$ :(

Wow that's quite a long time!
That wasn't for 2 years straight without flushing though right?

Yes, actually it was. 1 year and 9 months without any maintenance except for topping off D water once and a while.

Have you tried any other formulation of tygon Scott?

Nope. Endless supply of 3603 at work. Fringe benefit. ;)

Wow okay, so it's down to Tygon or Primochill.

I will look around for coloured Tygon but I doubt any exists..

Back