• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG PROJECT ISOLATION (modded Cooler Master MasterCase 5 Maker)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Absolutely love it! I'm gonna use that rust technique in the future. I really like the rough sawed look on some of the pieces too.

64MqulY.jpg

Hi guys,

Here's the case all reassembled and looking as awesome as ever! I'm really happy with the result and it goes perfectly with the theme.

Still some effects to add over the rusted paint for a more Dead Space look and some things to build around the top and front panels.

Let me know what you guys think.

aMmFq73.jpg

Nu1AwyW.jpg

cnfLinN.jpg

BraMuHS.jpg

aSEQJQu.jpg

TOpr6cQ.jpg

qksw7ll.jpg

qL6Hde0.jpg

xD7iqUt.jpg

P7lCMcE.jpg

pkWD8NI.jpg

C5R7meH.jpg

hYIYNhr.jpg

FsPqT4P.jpg

XGXr12J.jpg

bAH8obx.jpg

aRf64bT.jpg

f9rDMjd.jpg

ckibF6P.jpg

wezOiqj.jpg

cp4B2Xx.jpg

sF1d74m.jpg

Thanks for checking it out and stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

Love it! I will admit I'm not big on the white smudges but everything else about this build is truly awesome.

Question: Are there any plans to distress the external tubing? I'm not sure if you could rust that or maybe whip up a batch of coolant that looks like algae to give it that unkept look.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what you do with the components inside.

:cheers:

Rusty GPU's anyone?

I think that would look pretty cool as long as the rust paint doesn't short anything out!

Wow the rust really turned out great Alex!!!
It truly is a unique paint. :)

Thanks a lot :D

Love it! I will admit I'm not big on the white smudges but everything else about this build is truly awesome.

Question: Are there any plans to distress the external tubing? I'm not sure if you could rust that or maybe whip up a batch of coolant that looks like algae to give it that unkept look.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what you do with the components inside.

:cheers:

Thanks a lot! With the white bits I just wanted to add a bit more contrast to it. Just seemed too dark to me :)

Also I'm using copper tubing for the first time so that will look weathered enough I think, not gonna polish it or anything will leave it as is to oxidise itself. If I have issues I will clean and polish it in the future :)

Rusty GPU's anyone?

I think that would look pretty cool as long as the rust paint doesn't short anything out!

Hahaha will not do any rusting on the GPUs or motherboard, especially the moderboard, you will see why :p I have to update the specs for the build

Also I'm using copper tubing for the first time so that will look weathered enough I think, not gonna polish it or anything will leave it as is to oxidise itself. If I have issues I will clean and polish it in the future

That will look incredible together. Did you know you can speed up the oxidation process with white vinegar, ammonia & salt, or even miracle grow?

I'm very excited for this build Alex, cheers.

That will look incredible together. Did you know you can speed up the oxidation process with white vinegar, ammonia & salt, or even miracle grow?

I'm very excited for this build Alex, cheers.

Thanks a lot for the tip! I did not know that, I'll see how the copper tubing comes out in the end and if it requires any more oxidation, I'll use that :)

YES! Copper!

Oh man I can't wait to see this!! :clap: :thup:

Hehe thanks a lot, I'm really excited too :D

64MqulY.jpg

Hi guys,

Sorry for the lack of updates on this build. I've been quite sick over the last week and haven't had a chance to post more updates.

The race is now on to finish this build by the 12th of June. That's Sunday this week as that's when the Cooler Master CaseMod World Series ends.

Here is the work I've done for the top and front panel.

If you haven't guessed it by now the front panel will have Isaac Clarke's helmet from the original Dead Space game mounted to it. It should look pretty nice if done right!

Let's have a look at the progress!

First up the helmet pieces. Started of with a piece of 2mm black acrylic. Measured and drew out the shape by hand.

08fbnG6.jpg

If you can't see it yet, you will be the end of this update.

c43lkeU.jpg

Next up were pieces for the top panel to work around the tube. Just designed a random pattern from scratch that I thought would look good and everything was cut by hand with my Dremel Moto-Saw.

dkpOIio.jpg

Helmet pieces all cut too

XP5Hmmw.jpg

I went ahead and bent the acrylic pieces to shape and mounted with other straight pieces to form the overall helmet design.

The way I bent them was with a sheet of thin aluminium that was used to measure the shape of the front panel and then taped up to hold that particular shape. Once done, the acrylic pieces for the helmet were placed in the middle individually and heated up until they took the shape of the aluminium sheet. Unfortunately I was too into it at the time and forgot to take pics.

LLPo5w7.jpg

shJjXjD.jpg

okspL4x.jpg

w4oeaSI.jpg

You can see it coming together.

dMZvlZO.jpg

More work on the top panel. Mounting the pieces together.

AZJpjyt.jpg

FY2bf4h.jpg

And here they are both on the case.

iUObPwf.jpg

More pics from the next day.

Pa0svSi.jpg

Fe0jQD4.jpg

And lets not forget the finishing touches on the helmet

SUX4iAn.jpg

h2DJmrm.jpg

GkUIoY3.jpg

Let me know what you guys think! These will also be rusted which you will see once done.

Sorry if the quality of these images wasn't too good. They were all from my phone.

Cheers,

Alex

Glad you're feeling better. That's a pretty tight deadline. It's looking great so far.

Dang, that case looks like you came over to my house and pulled the case I buried in the pasture 20 years ago. That is some attention to detail, looks realistic, very impressive.

Dang now that's a case!!!
Man I can't wait to see this one lit up and plumbed!!!! :drool: :thup:

I can't believe how good that rust looks...!

Glad you're feeling better. That's a pretty tight deadline. It's looking great so far.

Thanks, glad you're liking it and yea I'm feeling a bit better now :)

Dang, that case looks like you came over to my house and pulled the case I buried in the pasture 20 years ago. That is some attention to detail, looks realistic, very impressive.

Dang now that's a case!!!
Man I can't wait to see this one lit up and plumbed!!!! :drool: :thup:

I can't believe how good that rust looks...!

Thanks a lot guy! Glad you're liking it! Not too long now and it should be finished

- - - Updated - - -

64MqulY.jpg

Bit more progress! Starting to get hardware in the case!

Also yesterday I forgot to mention that the full specs have been updated in the first post!

Here they are:

Case - Cooler Master MasterCase 5 Maker
Motherboard - ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme Assembly
CPU - Intel i7 6700K
Memory - 4 x 4GB Avexir ROG Certified Red Tesla 2400Mhz DDR4
GPU - 2 x ASUS STRIX GTX 980
SSD - 2 x Kingston HyperX Fury 240GB SSDs
PSU - Cooler Master V1000

Cables - CableMod Fully Custom Individually Sleeved Cables + MercoMods Custom Braided Extensions
LEDs - CableMod Magnetic RGB LED Strip

Radiators - Bitspower Leviathan Slim 240 Radiator, Bitspower Leviathan Xtreme 360 Radiator
Fans - CoolerMaster JetFlo 120mm Red and White LED fans
Pump - Laing D5 with Black Bitspower MOD Package - Pump Top + Casing
Reservoir - Bitspower D5 Top Upgrade Kit 150 with Cascade Tube Effect
Fittings - PrimoChill Revolver SX Matte Black + Various Bitspower Carbon Black angle fittings and extensions
Tubing - PrimoChill Copper Tubing
CPU Block - Bitspower Summit EF
GPU Block - 2 x Bitspower VG-NGTX980ADIIS

rvDqgZy.jpg

2c0RmH8.jpg

sYtsMJB.jpg

R7C2Dhc.jpg

KiToitZ.jpg

D6tkqpW.jpg

2wu7dEH.jpg

DKpPufW.jpg

8tXQGq5.jpg

6Hby6BH.jpg

67W697a.jpg

bzsSIU4.jpg

rKM3byt.jpg

jorQXNU.jpg

Thanks for checking it out!

Cheers,

Alex

The amount of parts on your shelves is :drool: -tastic lol.

I love the drips of rust, makes it look like you left it outside for years!!

The amount of parts on your shelves is :drool: -tastic lol.

I love the drips of rust, makes it look like you left it outside for years!!

Cheers guys! Glad you like it. Yea, I've added a few extra details to the case tried to as much as I can. I need to add some blood details to it :p

Haha glad you like the shelves, you can spot the AZUL build on there. A bit more progress was made on that however it has been put on hold for now until this is finished plus I have another build starting soon :)

Back