• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anybody dealt with ProVantage?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trents

My son, who is an IT professional, is really high on this company as an online vendor. He says their prices usually beat NewEgg. He said their website is not particularly user friendly and the little poking around I have done makes me inclined to agree. Anyone used them enough to have an opinion? I wonder about rebates and free shipping which is where I often save significant money by going with Egg. As my other post from yesterday explains I'm soured on NewEgg right now and I'm looking for alternatives. I use Amazon a lot but for more expensive items the state sales tax becomes a game breaker sometimes.

We use them with a commercial account. No issues that I can recall.

As far as their pricing, its all over the place.

No idea on the shipping. I point/give #'s and they order.

Regarding rebates... that is with the MFG usually, not the place you order from. You send rebates to the maker in most cases.

We use them with a commercial account. No issues that I can recall.

As far as their pricing, its all over the place.

No idea on the shipping. I point/give #'s and they order.

Regarding rebates... that is with the MFG usually, not the place you order from. You send rebates to the maker in most cases.

Yes, I realize the rebates are with the mfg but Egg seems to have some connections there. I never see rebates offered with Amazon.

Have occasionally bought some networking stuff from them. They've been around forever, it's not like they're a scam site.

Back