• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ABIT IC7-MAX3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ozz1

just recieved this today, took longer to get out of customs in ozz than it did to get here from the states :rofl:, anyway, i bought is as a non goer, as it was in storage for years but was a goer when it was put into storage, a Radeon 9600XT card and Kingston Hyper X KHX3200AK2/512 ram x 2 came with it, i have some cpus to try in it, but i havent dabbled in this platform much before, only OEM boards, hoping it all works, also trying to find a swiftech apogee gt cooling block for it if i can, seems theyre gettin pretty rare nowdays...anyone have any tips would be appreciated

I have a Max2 & have been playing with it this month for the Old School competition at HWBot. That's my 9600XT in there as well. Need to upload tonight - sadly didn't do very well. I've run into some sort of 250FSB bug, which I think was fixed on the MAX3. Should have used my AI7 instead. :(

If you are going to overclock Prescott CPU's add lots of cooling to the MOSFETs. Pretty sure they are already sinked on the MAX3, I added mine afterwards. Also replaced the NB fan with a VGA fan (years ago).

100_0583.JPG

100_0584.JPG

im not sure about anything on this board as yet, but spose ill find out soon, i still have to get a water block and backplate yet, but will try it 2 morrow just on air

scotty i actually hit the buy button on a PC4800E DELUXE too the other day but there was something wrong with the sale and the seller took it off sale and i havent heard from him since, i think it was a sham, so ill keep looking, 1 will turn up somewhere

The Abit is still a fun board to play with, especially with Northwood cores that have a 400 or 533FSB.

The P4C800-E D is even better if you can pair it with a s479 converter. ;) Sweet combo.

edit: I have another Swiftech s478 CPU block - I think it's a Storm. I just can't currently find it, I know it's in the basement somewhere! lol

Last edited:
im sure ill have a bit of fun with it, im actually waiting on word back for the s479 converter, they were out of stock with it

decent S478 water blocks are getting hard to find, im not sure personally but i read the switech apogee gt is the next one up from the storm water block and performs a bit better

im sure ill have a bit of fun with it, im actually waiting on word back for the s479 converter, they were out of stock with it

decent S478 water blocks are getting hard to find, im not sure personally but i read the switech apogee gt is the next one up from the storm water block and performs a bit better

Did ya notice my pictures? ;) lol

The Storm is still nice. I used it with my chiller & got that 3.4E down to -11C at 4.5GHz.

i did actually JLK, good pics too, but wasnt sure whether its the storm or the gt on it lol

nice temp on that too , the best i have been able to get my set up to is -4c, thats water in the res temp not cpu temp of course

man i wanted an IC7-max back in the day but didnt have the funds for it. i sure to enjoy ocing on the AI7 board, one of my top favorite Abit boards of all time.

ive never had any ABIT board and i know nothing about them but have been told and read theres only really 2 boards in the socket 478 to get, this board and the ASUS P4C800E DELUXE

yea ozz the asus boards did have a more phases for better ocing but back then you also were in two camp, ABIT or ASUS. LOL, you know which one i was in! i will admit i did later on get a Asus P4P800SE board with a CT-479 adapter and a Pentuim M [email protected]. back then that was a sweet gaming rig with a 6600GT PCIE card, people in a Tribes 2 didnt like me much or in Savage.

yea ozz the asus boards did have a more phases for better ocing but back then you also were in two camp, ABIT or ASUS. LOL, you know which one i was in! i will admit i did later on get a Asus P4P800SE board with a CT-479 adapter and a Pentuim M [email protected]. back then that was a sweet gaming rig with a 6600GT PCIE card, people in a Tribes 2 didnt like me much or in Savage.

couldve bought a P4P800SE for $30 the other week but im gunna wait for the P4C800E DELUXE, and you know what jealousy does to some people lol

An SE is fine when paired with the s479 adapter. The Pentium M was early Core & clock for clock was way faster than netburst P4's.

dont forget it was also a mobile cpu and had a massive 1-2mb L2, banis cores had 1mb and dothan 2mb. not only where they faster clock for clock in gaming but not encoding though. I dont recall to much but i thought the Dothan cores when at the same clock speed beat out AMD cpus in gaming.

thx, ive got a lot to learn about them and open to any suggestions or tips for the 478 socket

What CPUs do you have to play with Ozz?

BTW, I don't have any amd 754, but I do have am x850pro agp for the next round. Does 754 still use agp or is it pci-e?

What CPUs do you have to play with Ozz?

BTW, I don't have any amd 754, but I do have am x850pro agp for the next round. Does 754 still use agp or is it pci-e?

id have to go thru em mate, think i got about 15-20 cpus in 478, honestly i cant tell you what they are with out really lookin, from what i can pick up the XMP OR XPM ? are the ones to get hold of, laptop cpus i think they are,not sure, ive been given some and bought some over time for when i found a decent board to put em in and 754 i dont know anything about that either lol, seems theres not too many on here that gets into the older stuff

Back