• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone know the IP Addresses for the POE server in Texas?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

notarat

Anyone have the IPs of the POE servers or know where I can get them?

I've been having, on and off, serious lag spikes and disconnects.

In chat, I see others asking and no one ever gives them any decent info. It seels that when people speak about lag spike and disconnects, the general response is, "Your ISP sux, your computer is a fossil, and, oh...btw, I boned your mom"

I was thinking that if I knew what the IPs of the POE server in Texas was I could create a powershell script to do a test-connection to the POE Server (and let's say...5 other random internet sites) every 30 seconds or so for a couple "pings" that would log the ping and response times.

That way, when I have spikes I can look at the log file and compare the POE server responses to the other 5 servers to see if it's a connection problem for "everywhere" of just to the POE servers.

You could always run Wireshark while connected to the server to see where it's hitting

"To get the server's IP, go to the folder you installed PoE in and open the "logs" subfolder, then open the "Client.txt" file. The file will probably be quite large, but scroll to the bottom and find the last occurance of this line:

2012/03/27 10:33:25 3917590 50 [INFO Client 3768] Connecting to instance server at 127.0.0.1:12345

In this example the server is 127.0.0.1 (do NOT test with that IP though, it's just an example). Use the IP you find there"
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/113295

Thanks for the info and links, guys!

I think I'll start working on the program this evening!

Well it turns out that there are a large number of IPs used by the company hosting the servers for GGG in Texas.

I counted at least 12 in my log file and, from what I'm seeing, even in the same "session" I connect to different IPs. I'm guessing it's because of the virtualized servers being used. They must stand up new instances when the load requires balancing, so when I do things like zone into the Lab or a Map it can actually be on a different IP than the one I logged in on...

Back