• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DisplayPort Smart Splitter

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

istari675

I have been looking for options for my ROG Swift monitor. I need to primarily have it as my desktop monitor, and have it switch to a dock when there is video coming from the laptop plugged into the dock. I cant seem to find any DisplayPort splitters that are under 80 USD. I could use some alternative options to manually unplugging a cable and plugging it in somewhere else everytime I need to switch, which will be a lot.

PG278Q I believe. It only has one DisplayPort connector, and nothing else to connect from.

The main downside is that I am lazy so I dont want to click to switch every time. Also there are a lot of reviews about that model not being that well made. I found a used http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817270047 on ebay and grabbed it. Trusted source and it had good reviews on newegg so I am optimistic. Nice bonus that I will be able to attach my mouse and keyboard to the hub as well.

You realize the one you purchased still requires you to hit a button, right?

Also, how is a single button so much work?? You do it already to cut your computer and monitor on.

I found a review on newegg that states he finds it annoying it automatically transmits the signal that is currently live, that's pretty much all I got

I found a review on newegg that states he finds it annoying it automatically transmits the signal that is currently live, that's pretty much all I got

And, if you have two, it will make you pick.

I'm not sure if it will work like this, but I don't intend to have both on at once. I don't need to actively switch back and forth I just need to be able to switch all to my laptop when I plug that in.

Back