• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to know what version of Windows 10 I downloaded.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wade7575

Registered
I just download a copy of Windows 10 with the Media creation tool that downloads it for you and I choose to load it onto a USB Flash drive.

The reason I did this is so I could have it ready to go incase I need to re-install Windows 10,the usb flash drive I got when I purchased Windows 10 does not have the latest build and that means if I use it I have to go threw the big update that takes a while and I downloaded the other copy with the Media creation tool so I could avoid that if I have to do another re-install of Windows.

I don't think you understand my question Robert,I do want to know what version of Windows 10 I have installed on my PC I want to know what is installed on my Flash drive I just made.

The reason I want to know this is because I used the flash drive that came in the box when I purchased Windows 10,but I did not even think to download a copy with the Media creation tool to see if it would download the latest build so I would not have to go threw that with Windows update,my problem is it does not tell you what build version it put's on the flash drive and that matters to me because if it's still the day one release build that you download with the Media creation tool then I'm no farther ahead and I want to be ahead not behind if I have to do a re-install of Windows 10.

Control panel, System & Security, Administrative Tools, System Information.

Whatever date you downloaded should be traceable to the version/update available that day. The download with Media tool has about 6GB of files and the rest are all downloaded upon update IIRC. So it doesn't matter much either way. You will have to download after all.

Otherwise, read this over.

Back