• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Possible Case Lighting Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

silent54

Registered
I'm in the process of moving PC componenets to a new case upgrade. I'm currently working on lighting. I'm using water cooling with UV reactive coolant. Therefore, I'm running UV lighting as well as white lighting. UV for the reactive and white to view colored coolant. I have a 4 switch configuration but only using two switches, one for UV lighting and the other for white (leds). I have all of my UV lighting wired to one switch. They inlcude 8 cold cathode connected to 4 inverters and three separate single led (5mm & 2 x 3mm). My problem is that when all are wired, i'll have at least one CCFL slightly lit up (light is barely visable). The switches are all connected to one PSU molex connection. The funny thing is if I connect the weak CCFL to a separate inverter not on the switch, the light is fully lit up. If I remove it and place it back in the switch string, it lights up but not as bright. Didn't have this problem in old case but there were more LED strings than CCFL/inverters. PSU is a Kingwin Lazer 1000w with zero issues. Appreciate any suggetsions.

I don't think it's either. The line works. Is it possible that I have too many lights on the one switch through one PSU molex?

Yea, I think you hit it on the head. I have extensions from all of my inverters. No way around it as case is big. The lights that seem or have lost power are the ones connected with 24in extenders vs the one with 12in extenders. No problems with 12in extenders. The other two lights connected to 24in extenders don't have a problem from what I see due to being connected to my Mod/Smart inverter vs the blue ones. Now just have to figure out how to close the gap of losing 12in in an extender.

Back