• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 10 Cortana search gets locked to Bing and Edge

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i found her useful... for a few days then got over it pretty quick for simple commands eg open this program open this website ect was pretty handy but i only have one pc with a microphone.

One of the first things I disabled on Windows 10 too ;).
Thought maybe we could have a thread on how to modify it even after they lock it... for fun and for people who use it...

Now that we're in agreement, maybe we can agree that there are people who like it and that this is for them. ;)

This is disappointing. They are essentially throwing this feature in the trash by locking it like this. I dont mind Edge, but bing.... is just awful.

*sigh*

There will be a work-around, always is. As above, I trained the Win7 version of Voice to operate many commands after acquiring a good mic. But broke my mic and haven't missed Voice Activated Anything. My dogs always thought I was talking to them. I too avoid Edge although it looks like a pretty good browser, very Chrome-like anymore with some usable features for a change. I guess that MS may have not considered that not everyone has a mic, others don't need to disturb the folks and critters around them, and still others, like me, really don't need it to be a such an intimate part of their life.:cool:

Back