• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Inwin 909 X99 Watercooling rig Black&Red

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

O3RD

t has been a great challenge until these parts came together after a long journey of them from all over the world. That was the Final update of the rig, but still a lot to do. But, that was my second rig and i'am a quite satisfied as a novice in watercooling project... Apologise for the bad video quality. Tried to fix it, but youtube's converter kills the quality, so i left it as defaults/original..

Edit: I have also resized the pictures and it caused a bit loss of image quality.

Edit 2: I have attachd few more pictures from rear and also with lights on. Additionally Cpu OC states on CpuZ.
GAMING AND 3D EDITING CUSTOM WATERCOOLING RIG

SPESIFICATIONS:

Processor: i7-5960X Extreme, LGA2011-V3, 3,0 GHz, 20Mb 8 core OC:d at 4.7 ghz 1,30v.

Mainboard: A-R-V Extreme/ U3.1

Gpu(s): Evga Geforce Gtx Titan X SC SLI

Ram: Avexir Blitz Series 1.1 red 2x8 16gb x 2= 32gb 3200MHZ DDR4 xmp 2.0

Ssd(s): Kingston Hyper X Savage 480gb upgrade bundle + 240gb standalone

Hdd(s): WD Caviar Green 1,5TB + 3 TB 64 bit

PC Case: In Win 909 Black

Fans: Thermaltake riing red led 6 piece 120mm and 2 piece 140mm

Monitor: Acer predator Z35 (35") Gsync 144hz ylikellottamalla pääsee 200hz:hin.

Psu: Corsair AX 1500i

SLI Bridge: Rog enthusiast 3 way Sli Bridge.

WATERCOOLING PARTS:

Rigid Tubes: Primochill 13/10 mm clear acrylic rigid tubes.

Fittings: Primochill rigid revolver 13/10 mm black and red. Additionally Bitspower’s 90 degrees adapter G1/4 blood red + EK:s 90 degrees rotable G1/4 adapters.

Gpu Blocks: 2x EKWB Titan X fullcover + red backplates

Cpu Block: Bitspower CPU Block Summit EF (Intel) (Acrylic Top Version)

Pump: Alphacool D5 vario + plexi top

Reservoir: XSPC Photon 270mm

Radiators: XSPC Multiport Radiator EX360 + XSPC EX240 Crossflow

Modded Psu Cables: CableMod C-Series AXi, HXi & RM Cable Kit red&black.

Liquids: Mayhem pastel red

Flawmnetres: Bitspower Flow Sensor BP-FS-CLBSL and PrimoChill Vortex Flow Indicator.

Lightnings/Leds: XSPC - Single LED - 4-pin Molex - 5mm – Red and Revoltec Ultra Bright Cold RED Light - 10cm TWIN set

Youtube upload as promised:

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg 12.jpg 13.jpg 14.jpg 15.jpg

20160430_121258.jpg 20160430_122607.jpg 20160430_122950.jpg

Last edited:
O3RD, please host your pictures locally. The outside host you used caused your post to go into a "moderated" state and I had to remove them for the approval to process properly.
To host the pictures locally please use the "Insert Image" function at the top of the box you type your post in.

Thank you :)

Pictures are oversized normally, this is why i have tried to upload it to 3rd party upload websites.. i have chosen the pictures carefully. Please provide me the deleted url's:)

Edit: it's OK! I got them anyways.. Need to resize thew pictures to 2mb and then use the "insert images". Otherwise it wont happen anyways..

Alright. I got it, thanks anyways. I have already inserted. Please inform if anything wrong or to be edited again?

For some reason the pictures aren't showing up inline like they should, but when looking at the code I'm not sure what's wrong.

Did you use the attachment tool or the insert image tool?

It shows quite good right now. It was awhile ago. Now it's normal if could recheck it ?

Now it's all showing inline for me, not sure what was up with it earlier.

Anyway, great build, thanks for sharing!

Nice build. Almost exact same setup as mine.

Quick question, are you using the little low-speed adaptors for the ring fans? I have the ring fans on my system too but they are much much louder than yours. Now that I have the external radiator too I'm thinking about adding them to make the system more quiet.

Thanks!

Nice build. Almost exact same setup as mine.

Quick question, are you using the little low-speed adaptors for the ring fans? I have the ring fans on my system too but they are much much louder than yours. Now that I have the external radiator too I'm thinking about adding them to make the system more quiet.

Thanks!

I have a quick response to your question as you can see down below on the pictures! It seems quite clearly the rpm's are stable and i don't need to run fans on PWM but on DC and i don't need to use any 3rd party external fan-controller or extention cables for them. I have noticed that my temps are also rising up quite a lot after 5 hours of gaming and rendering in 3DS MAX V-ray etc. Temps goes up to 60 celcius in CPU and GPU approximately 70. GPU's getting too hot and few times frozen since i built the loop with buzzing sound:). So you are not alone in this ship. I have changed the loop settings twice and realised that there's no sufficient room in the case for the rads (especially at the front intake) no enough airflow. But, at the rear 360mm it is. Well you know the rads needs enough air-intake to cool down the liquid and flaw through the GPU&CPU to stabilize the temperatures.

P.S: i don't recommend to close the sidewindows, especially the front one. Because of the lack of the airflow the closed window(s) causes the hot air blowing inside of the case and occurs extreme heatings. I have already tried it :)

20160430_122329.jpg 20160430_122422.jpg 20160430_122453.jpg

Hope that helps a bit.

Last edited:
Your CPU core voltage is 1.424v??? What is your CPU Clock speed set to and your running at only 35*C at that voltage???

I'm at 1.28v and idling at 55*C... well was before the new radiator but I haven't tested yet... I'm wondering if I have a bad CPU block mount...

Josh

Your CPU core voltage is 1.424v??? What is your CPU Clock speed set to and your running at only 35*C at that voltage???

I'm at 1.28v and idling at 55*C... well was before the new radiator but I haven't tested yet... I'm wondering if I have a bad CPU block mount...

Josh

Hi,
Firstly it sucks while we're in a different timezones EU/USA:(.
Well, yes my CPU core voltage at first attempt was 1.42 and the temperature was even in 31-35 "changes". I have done more OC attempts/tests today. Will share the screenshot of the CPUZ.

I can confess that the most stable core status is at 4.5ghz. Tried off course many times to achieve more stable clocks:).

Today's setup at 4.5ghz was like that:

CPU Strap: 125mhz
Core Ratio: 36 "stable" while prime on for hours. 38 and 39 don't last longer in prime "20 minutes" then freezes.
DRAM Frequency: DDR4 3333mhz ( originially 3200mhz )
CPU Core Voltage: 1.30v
DRAM Voltage (CHA,CHB): 1,35v
DRAM Voltage (CHC, CHD): 1,35v
Enhanced Intel Speed Step technology: Disabled ( This is working for changing the core clocks for power consumption ). Don't need it:)
Turbo Mode: Enabled
CPU C-States: Disabled

Well, it's been now 3 hours that prime95 is on and since then no any issue so far.

PRIME95-CPUZ-GPUZ-CORETEMP.png

Thank you for the interest in this loop. But, i think i was also in love with the case while i tried to build it:). The first loop was a bit more noobjob, you can check it here at the below.

P.s: No any decent camera, well tried to record with an average mobilephone, this is why it shakes like that. lol:)

Back