• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Shutting down

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WhitehawkEQ

Premium Member
Well, it seems as no more A5 WU's are available so I've stopped my 4P's and may use them for what they were made for :) I'm no longer going to use my GTS 450's for folding as well, too low of a point producer. I may get 2 980's for 2 of my systems.
Stanford has not been kind to my 4P's :( I'll still hang in these forums but don't see me doing much any more.

Sorry to see you dropping the fold, though I do understand.
I dropped folding about the time gpu folding started, just restarted with a couple gpus.
Maybe another OCF DC project?? Hate to see all that power going to waste ;)

That sucks!!!
Hopefully you can convert to GPU folding without breaking the bank.

That sucks!!!
Hopefully you can convert to GPU folding without breaking the bank.

Yep, I'm going to keep an eye out at Newegg and look for some deals. It may be a while before prices drop to my levels (dirt cheep) :rofl: but by then GPU may be out :shrug:.

It looks like you have a Yak in your off hand WhitehawkEQ...are those worth anything anymore? :D

Completely understandable guys. Thank you for running the 4P's in the first place. Proud to have you on the team.

I played the original EQ many years ago...then The Ruins of Kunark (beta tester), Scars of Velious, Planes of Power...stopped playing in the expansion after that...the moon one.

Loved the games...had 2 accounts I played at the same time...a ranger and a druid... Both human... worshiped Karana.

I still remember the day when I finished my complete set of armor from the Plane of Fear...and my first epic weapon (was my druid) - I left leaves everywhere!

You save my 4P

Well, it seems as no more A5 WU's are available so I've stopped my 4P's and may use them for what they were made for :) I'm no longer going to use my GTS 450's for folding as well, too low of a point producer. I may get 2 980's for 2 of my systems.
Stanford has not been kind to my 4P's :( I'll still hang in these forums but don't see me doing much any more.

I saw your post on Stanford's website about splitting cores , took that info and split my 48 cores in half , now I'm getting about 100,000 ppd . My SMP was just sitting in the basement waiting for WU's , that 4P wasn't cheap, I'm making the best of it .

Took me til 1 am ( reformatting Linux ) In the morning to figure it out , it works now , I put one of my gtx 970 on that set up
Now I'm getting 400,000 with that set up, I was ready to sale that 4P

If I were you I would keep that 4P stick 980's on that bad boy rip ( let'er rip tater chip ) had 2 good years with 4P of BA's , thanks to you I'm back in action

I saw your post on Stanford's website about splitting cores , took that info and split my 48 cores in half , now I'm getting about 100,000 ppd . My SMP was just sitting in the basement waiting for WU's , that 4P wasn't cheap, I'm making the best of it .

Unfortunately the 8 ppd/watt for a 4p vs 50 ppd/watt for GPU is hard to justify.

Back