• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

amd fx 8350 still good enough?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I run all the green stuff on mine at 5.2 ghz, why hit it with big vcore when it's doing nothing??????
get it stable and cool for full load then bring in the green stuff and let the rig relax.

5.2ghz with what voltage, for me4.6ghz at 1.5v cpu-nb voltage auto.

nb voltage auto

sa voltage auto

was not stable

so at the moment at 4.5ghz 1.45v, any tips to get higher???

after that i trow in the green stuff

the vcore is big, but it's just a storage unit, it sits there at about 1.4 ghz and around 1 vcore till I ask for a file, then it spools up to 5.2 ghz and the vcore ramps right up.

I am going to try and drop my Vcore below 1.45 and see how it does at 4.8ghz. I am betting I could back off a little because it has been rock solid for months as it is. I only shut it down every couple of weeks to blow out the radiator, then turn it right back on again. I have no need for the green stuff since it is never at idle. It is always crunching. All of my OC profiles I did almost 2 years ago so it may be time to revisit them and see if I can do better.

turbo, set the cpu/nb at 1.25volt and set it as close to 2600 as you can get, 2400 will be fine also.
manually set your ram to it's jdec timings and voltage as shown under the cpu-z, spd tab to start.

Back