• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

24 inch 1080p ips monitor sugestions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

carlos515

Registered
Hi All,
I am in the market for a new monitor. I have been looking at ips panels . I will watch movies and regular computer activities for now . I am looking at the LG Electronics 24MB35PY-B . But i have not found any reviews for it. Also i am considering the Asus VS239H-P . Any suggestions will be welcome. My budget is $220 Canadian.

Thanks,
Carlos

The Dell U2414H is amazing and meets your requirements. I use three of them for Surround gaming.

While the Dell U2414H is an out standing monitor, if you have an older system, there is no DVI or VGA connection. It's also a 6-bit panel color. For the price, it's excellent.

While the Dell U2414H is an out standing monitor, if you have an older system, there is no DVI or VGA connection. It's also a 6-bit panel color. For the price, it's excellent.

It's a 6-bit with excellent FRC implementation.
I highly doubt any but the most trained of eyes could tell the difference between the U2414H and an 8-bit panel.

It's a 6-bit with excellent FRC implementation.
I highly doubt any but the most trained of eyes could tell the difference between the U2414H and an 8-bit panel.

I sit side-by-side with a 6-bit color U2412M and an 8-bit color U2413 and I see the difference. It's not a game changer but I can see it but the price difference is considerable.

Hi ,
And thanks for the suggestions. The dell is $300 plus tax so it is out of my price range. But i have come across this ViewSonic VG2433SMH . I have not heard of ADS panel. Does anyone have info on it?

Thanks,
Carlos

Hi JrClocker ,
I have checked out the lg. How are the blacks and is there any glow? Did you need to calibrate it ? I can get the LG 24MP77HM for 20 dollars more which is factory calibrated. I am torn between the 2. I have not bought a monitor since 2008 and a lot has changed.

Thanks,
Carlos

There is a little bit of bleed through, but not much. The blacks are good.

I didn't have to calibrate them, but I'm not a super photo type of guy. I bought the 3 separately over about 3 weeks. They all match color-wise well.

I'm very happy with them.

Back