• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

budget PSU around 1200W

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pulsarius

Registered
hey , i just placed my system in a Power calculator --> http://outervision.com/b/6jWcy6 , all in stock speeds .

any sugestions\opinions on a decent budget PSU around 1200w , asking for a 1200w psu +- cause i will overclock the system CPU and GPU´s and i might get out of "juice" when i start OCing the system.

Thanks.

Budget and 1200W PSU should never be used in the same sentence.
Go buy an EVGA G2, not something cheap, as you can kill every component in your system by buying a cheap PSU.

I second the EVGA G2 1200W. Its the best tier 1 'bang for your buck' PSU around really.

What motherboard do you plan on overclocking that monster with??? Only a couple will do it, FYI...

Last edited:
That is one of the rare boards that will do it. Make sure you keep that socket area cool (both front and back) when overclocking!!!

EVGA doesn't make a 1200 W PSU in the "G" series.

1200 W: 220-P2-1200

1300 W: 120-G2-1300

I'm currently eyeballing the 1200 P2 myself...

Then go 1300W. I wouldn't pay the premium for a Platinum unit unless I was actively on my PC 24/7 (as that is the only way you get your money back - think folding, mining, etc). Assuming that difference is $20+

Last edited:
I'm confused on the outervision link you posted, why a FuryX and a Fury? Why not two of the same card?

I'm confused on the outervision link you posted, why a FuryX and a Fury? Why not two of the same card?

np ill explain.

So i have a friend in the US , and came to Portugal this month for vacations , and i asked him befor he traveled to europe to get me a R9 390X in the US (i didnt had Money for more then that) cause is that much cheaper that in europe , but he ignored me :p and bought me a XFX fury Triple dissipation , and then when he arrived to Portugal he also gave me one of his 3 Fury X´s , so thats why i have a Fury X and Fury .

Ahh okay, well that makes sense, and that's a nice friend to have :)

500W between the two gpus, 300 from cpu, 50 for everything else (these are conservative. And remember the fury x will downcloxk to match the fury)

1200w seems ambitious. Perhaps lower wattage will get you into a nicer psu while saving some cash.

500W between the two gpus, 300 from cpu, 50 for everything else (these are conservative. And remember the fury x will downcloxk to match the fury)

1200w seems ambitious. Perhaps lower wattage will get you into a nicer psu while saving some cash.

GPU's will pull 550W stock, much more when overclocked. I don't think 1200W is out of line.

So i was looking for the PSU , i found the same model whit a diferent part number :

EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 Power Supply
P/N: 120-G2-1300-XR

and

EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 Power Supply
P/N: 120-G2-1300-X2

aparently the same PSU ...

and i also found this :.

http://www.xfxforce.com/en-us/products/pro-series/pro-series-1250w-psu-p1-1250-befx

the cables look horrible :p , any opinion on this PSU over the Evga´s ?

Never seen the one with an X2 on the end, not even on the EVGA website.
All the big wattage G2 units are a 10yr warranty.

The XFX is solid, the EVGA is better.

GPU's will pull 550W stock, much more when overclocked. I don't think 1200W is out of line.

No absolutely not. But there's zero reason to overclock them. The 9590 will severely bottleneck them in pretty much every scenario. He also mentioned "all at stock speeds".

He would be very ok on an 850w psu. Id rather see him get a good 850-1000w over a "budget" 1200w. He seems to be going the right direction though.

No absolutely not. But there's zero reason to overclock them. The 9590 will severely bottleneck them in pretty much every scenario. He also mentioned "all at stock speeds".

He would be very ok on an 850w psu. Id rather see him get a good 850-1000w over a "budget" 1200w. He seems to be going the right direction though.

He said "all in stock speeds" referring to the link on the PSU calculator.
If you read his entire first post you would also see "cause i will overclock the system CPU and GPU´s".

Back