• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel I5-6600k temperatures

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tsubaki

Hello, I just upgraded my CPU, motherboard and case to I5-6600k , Asus z-170 progaming and Zalman Z11 and decided to play abit with the OC. My GPU is a GTX 970 g1 gaming.

I managed to get 4.5 GhZ with 1.3V and ran an Aida stability test for 34 minutes, screenshot here: https://gyazo.com/4d341b5b5d237580acb5586740b99bd8

I'm using the evo 212 for CPU cooling.

Recently I played dark souls 3 on max settings, and my temps went up to 71-76 max on every core after 2 hours, unfortunately I don't have the screenshot ( measured with HW Monitor ).

Are these normal temps? Should I reduce the voltage / frequency for every day use?

Thanks for the reply!

What is the temperature I should worry about my CPU life from? Or the one that it should never reach?

The CPU will throttle itself at 100C. Keep it at 90C while stress testing and all should be well.

Back