• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Nvidia 1080 launch thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
that's all it takes!

Should it be?? Probably not...but a simple slider adjustment or custom fan profile, extra $100 and boom, no thottling. What's not to lIke?:p

$700 for that? - Thanks I'll wait for the reference $600. They are out in June? Might have to see if I can talk my friend into custom cooling - she loves the water!:D

Not a chance, i rather pay the extra and not have a @#$*ing jet engine next to me every time i play a game and im not going water at least for the next couple years. Mine is bad enough at 60% fan speed, i imagine having to set one at 80%+ to maintain decent temps (80c+ is NOT decent temps on a 94c max IMO).

80c is plenty decent particularly against 94c max. So long as it doesn't throttle it's fine. Lower is always better of course, but it's not like it will do any harm sitting at 80c. The card will be too slow to game by the time that makes any sort of difference.

Mine doesn't arrive until june 2nd from newegg. Pretty excited though I keep reading about how hot this thing gets I guess I will find out when I get mine.

80c is plenty decent particularly against 94c max. So long as it doesn't throttle it's fine. Lower is always better of course, but it's not like it will do any harm sitting at 80c. The card will be too slow to game by the time that makes any sort of difference.

You're missing the point -> noise :p too much of it, can't stand it :bang head

NVIDIA GTX 1080 Founders Edition Owners Complain of Fan Revving Issues :

http://www.techpowerup.com/222895/n...edition-owners-complain-of-fan-revving-issues

You're missing the point -> noise :p too much of it, can't stand it :bang head

NVIDIA GTX 1080 Founders Edition Owners Complain of Fan Revving Issues :

http://www.techpowerup.com/222895/n...edition-owners-complain-of-fan-revving-issues

80c doesn't mean high fan noise. high fan noise may come into play at 90c when the card is forced to ramp up. I don't know what the built-in fan profile is set to run at or what dB the fan is at different RPMs either. If it can be at 80c and have a fan speed of like 40% then it will likely be quite quiet. If it has to run at 80% to stay there then there's a problem.

All for those reasons I'll be waiting to get an aftermarket/AIB card like the ACX/Strx/etc.

That sucks about the fan revving issue though. Here's hoping it is something simple like a driver update.

Btw, at stock on a 6700K system, I got 5225 on Fire Strike Ultra, but it doesn't recognize the card. I'm using the one recommended Nvidia WHQL driver. However looking through the stats, I see others who have 1080s listed.

Btw, at stock on a 6700K system, I got 5225 on Fire Strike Ultra, but it doesn't recognize the card. I'm using the one recommended Nvidia WHQL driver. However looking through the stats, I see others who have 1080s listed.

using latest futuremark systeminfo?

All for those reasons I'll be waiting to get an aftermarket/AIB card like the ACX/Strx/etc.

Exactly, that was what I said. The Strix and Giga usually have the best coolers, or get a standard and one of those Arctic 300w that suposedly makes your card near dead silent if you can't shell out water.

For the life of me I don't understand how people can do anything with fans ramped up, and feels worse if you got a nice silent setup and all of a sudden NOOOOOOOOOISE !!!

Exactly, that was what I said. The Strix and Giga usually have the best coolers, or get a standard and one of those Arctic 300w that suposedly makes your card near dead silent if you can't shell out water.

For the life of me I don't understand how people can do anything with fans ramped up, and feels worse if you got a nice silent setup and all of a sudden NOOOOOOOOOISE !!!

Very true, although for many people if they are using headphones or are playing games at a reasonable volume unless the fan is a screamer you can't hear it over the game. (unless you are playing a horror/silent game then it could be pretty quiet with the droning of the fans in the background being annoying).

The arctic coolers are phenomenal though. I've been impressed by every one of them that I've reviewed.

I'm one of those guys who would slap a delta on something to keep it cool :p
Luckily, I won't have to do this to a 1080 since I can't afford one.

Speaking of which, do we have any pricing info on the 1070's?

$500 cad then... Hmmm
All depends how they preform in folding vs the 1080 for me.

Thanks for the pricing!

Do we have an idea when the HBM2 Versions of the cards will be released? I'm hesitant on jumping into it until then, just to eliminate that as a factor.

p100 and is the tesla card, there will be no consumer card with HMB2 this time, is what it looks like.

Back