• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Nvidia 1080 launch thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think AMD just got destroyed. I don't think they could possibly have anything this big.

Where do you see double the performance of TitanX? They say it can beat 980s in SLI (but there weren't any specific benchmarks listed)

I think that's just for the stereoscopic 3d stuff. Not double the performance across the board. So it may be twice as good for VR, but not necessarily in common benchmarks and games.

I think that's just for the stereoscopic 3d stuff. Not double the performance across the board. So it may be twice as good for VR, but not necessarily in common benchmarks and games.
No watch the video at the middle and end he says it all the time Twice the performance of Titan X. Did you see what new game we will be able to play with all this performance it looked like a Iron man movie.

Last edited:
This is exactly what I am thinking...

Wait for it to be released and actual benchmarks both synthetic and in game, they don't mention anything or where this "double the performance" comes from or any benchmarks.
It could be computing performance for all we know.

Certainly not a cheap GPU by any means, but given the performance that does seem like quite good value for money.
I'd wait to see some actual benchmark results and some feedback from some reviews on how it runs various games.

I'm certainly interested in upgrading my GTX970 if the performance really is that much of an improvement.

I'm still under the impression the performance numbers are referring to VR performance and not necessarily normal gaming and benchmark performance. I will watch some portions that I can find and read live blogs and news stories when I get time to try to figure that out.

I am not expecting the 1080 to be double the titan X across the board but that is some amazing claims to be making for there not to be large gains.

It does seem that they have made some significant improvements though. Until we have the benches it is all speculation.

May 27th can not come fast enough.

I've read a lot of online articles this morning, and none seem to claim VR only.

They also claim the 1070 will be faster than a Titan.

I was going to buy another 980 Ti...now I'll wait for the benchmarks to come out too!

We need a "drool" emoji!

:D

I'll be waiting for the 1080 Ti then I'll be buying in. It's going to be very interesting to see what the ungimped version can do. BTW, billions of dollars of R & D is just :drool:

Back