• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Nvidia 1080 launch thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ED, the USD is stronger than the CAD. VAT and import tariffs add to the cost of the gpu's man. Thats why they aren't "699".

.... Im sorry.... you brought it on yourself hahaha :chair:

never pass up the chance to have fun at someone else expense soul.

Ya... that's the problem.

I won't quote all so here it is how prices look like in PL:
1 USD = 3.97 PLN
GTX1080 Founders Ed. is listed at about 3600 PLN ( inc. VAT which is 23% ) = ~2926 ( w/o VAT ) / 3.97 = ~$737 +VAT = ~$906 <- store price now

June 10th is the release date. Not sure if the NDA breaks earlier or not. We do not have one from NVIDIA so I do not know.

Regarding pricing: When the R9's came out, along with NVidia's then-current crop, Bitcoin miners bought up a lot of cards and the pricing tilted upwards rapidly and stayed elevated for a while. Is there any current pressure anyone's aware of to drive pricing to absurd levels or has the mining craze mellowed a bit?

Regarding pricing: When the R9's came out, along with NVidia's then-current crop, Bitcoin miners bought up a lot of cards and the pricing tilted upwards rapidly and stayed elevated for a while. Is there any current pressure anyone's aware of to drive pricing to absurd levels or has the mining craze mellowed a bit?

It isn't economical to mine with video cards at this time. There might be some pressure from folders buying new hardware because they look like folding beasts, but that is unlikely to have that much impact relative to the normal round of gamers getting better cards.

Folders won't pressure/impact this... no way. There isn't a monetary gain. GPU mining has been 'not worth it' for almost 2 years. :)

$699 for a cooler that can't keep the boost or the temp under 80C during gaming in stock settings. I hope the aftermarket coolers can cool with stock fan settings, I like my PC quiet, there goes turbo boost.

bring on aftermarket designs for less money....
in the UK currently prices are £619-£650 for founders editions.

Quick conversion from the US MSRP = £475.79. Add on our 20% VAT = £570.95

So we pay a £50-£80 ($73.46-$117.53) premium on top of the US.

To compare to a 980Ti - 4months ago I could buy a 980Ti for £500. I chose to wait assuming the 1080 would be better 'value for money'. the 1080 is ~30% more cost for around 30% more power.

I definitely feel Nvidia are being a bit cheeky with their pricing. I guess this is what happens when there is no real competition at the moment.

Back