• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First try on Dice, Results and Questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Planning a trip today too get more DICE. will report back with results

So yesterday went much better than my first try. I had a new supply of DICE which was drastically better than what I could get locally and a new bottle of acetone. No gelling this time:clap:.

I was unable to increase my max CPU OC which I guess should not be a to much of a suprise because I did not seem to have issues last time untill I really was pushing the cpu. I was able to make slight improvements in Superpi1m by increasing bclk a little but once again I did not gain much headroom here. I was able to complete some runs of Superpi32m this time which I could not get to complete last time so definitely happy with that.

OLD
Untitled2.png
NEW
superpi.png

32M
superpi32.png

I was able to get cinebench to stabilize at higher frequencies this time, the mount was much better this time and I seemed to be able to hold better temp on the cpu.

OLD
Untitled.png
NEW
cinebench.png

Had more DICE this time so I had time to play with some other benches as well, XTU was still giving me issues so I did not waste much time fighting with it and focused on geekbench instead, I also did a few runs of hwbotx265 just for fun.

So all in all I have to say I was a little more successful this time, I even had some DICE left over that I floated in my water loop and that did wonders for that. I am hoping to be a little more focused for my next try and really try to tweak and push just a couple of benches, might try getting some 3d stuff going as well to see how that goes. I am thinking of jumping leagues after this novice nimble unless we get some new members, really cannot be competitive by myself and this will be Swarts last novice nimble before timing out. That way I can start subbing some of these and then break out the G3258 and do some damage as well.

Yeah the more you do it the easier it gets. Give it some time man LN2 is so much easier too TBH. Before long you'll be doing GFX cards ha ha

Back