• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's This Server Worth? Proliant ML350 Gen 6, 2x e5520 4 Core, 32 GB RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ben333

Folding for Team 32!
For sale on craigslist. Comes with 2x 146GB 6Gb SAS drives, 2x Intel E5520 quad core, 36GB RAM, iLO and RAID card, redundant 750W power supplies

What do you guys think this thing is worth? I want to pop a HD6850 in it, and do lite gaming / use it for a workstation. Guy's asking $125, sounds like a sweet deal right? But I'm sure some of your server guys (that do this for a living) may say its old junk and don't buy it. So that's why I'm asking here!

Full System Specs
CPU Specs

You could definitely re-sell the components for more than $125, if nothing else :) Depends how much you end up paying to have it shipped, and whether you find the power bill worth it. SAS drives tend to eat four times as much as SATA drives and those CPUs are 80W each.

I bought it. Paid $100 :) It's awesome! Guy I got it from was super cool tool, we talked for about an hour. Makes me wanna switch trades!!

Back