• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Battlefield 1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kenrou

Screw Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, this Battlefield 1 looks SO MUCH BETTER :drool:

I'll be curious to see how they handle weapon modification and just keep it interesting (compared to the huge number in prior BF games after BF1942). As there weren't nearly (or really any super fancy gun mods in that time period, maybe a scope for a rifle and a bayonette)

Im a huge BF fan, logged hundreds of hours in BF4 since release. I am sure I will do so again though I tend to prefer modern warfare scenarios.

Screw Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, this Battlefield 1 looks SO MUCH BETTER :drool:

it's not infiinte warfar that is getting all the hype, its cod4 remastered, which i bet will account for 80% of the sales for IWarfare is people buying it just to get cod4. this looks like it could be good too :) will buy.

I'll be curious to see how they handle weapon modification and just keep it interesting (compared to the huge number in prior BF games after BF1942). As there weren't nearly (or really any super fancy gun mods in that time period, maybe a scope for a rifle and a bayonette)

Likely a mix of Sniper Elite 3 and Wolfenstein ?

I liked Modern Warfare but the new Infinite looks too "spacey" for my taste :(

Likely a mix of Sniper Elite 3 and Wolfenstein ?

I liked Modern Warfare but the new Infinite looks too "spacey" for my taste :(

i havent bought any since mw3 it was bad. and they started to get too futurey for me. modern warfar remastered will be huge imo, people have been asking for it for years.

i havent bought any since mw3 it was bad. and they started to get too futurey for me. modern warfar remastered will be huge imo, people have been asking for it for years.

The one with Kevin Spacey was good IMO and the graphics were to die for, but to be honest i was kinda hoping for a return to roots so to speak, CoD2/MoH style :thup:

The one with Kevin Spacey was good IMO and the graphics were to die for, but to be honest i was kinda hoping for a return to roots so to speak, CoD2/MoH style :thup:

cod4:mw is about as close to the old cods as you can get.... it was the game that "made" call of duty.

Yes to show you the pure awesomeness of it :thup: seriously now, another 64bit game by the looks of it ? it's already in pre-order.

https://www.battlefield.com/buy/battlefield-1

People already moaning about sniper 1 shot kills...

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/356/how-do-you-feel-about-1-hit-kill-snipers

havent all of the major titles in the last 6 or more years been 64-bit?

i clicked the link i didnt see anyone whining about 1 shot kills... ? at all?

havent all of the major titles in the last 6 or more years been 64-bit?

i clicked the link i didnt see anyone whining about 1 shot kills... ? at all?

"Major" titles. Read all the way down and 2nd page, the idea of what is or should be a one hit kill differs greatly person by person apparently ?

Nothing new honestly... everyone complains about everything in a game.

I personally prefer hardcore for its realism. I hate unloading an entire clip from a bulldog into someone and then I die against an M9 handgun!!! :rofl:

Damage models have always been 'arcadey' to me. As someone said in the link, you get hit from ANY sniper rifle, there is no way in hell you are lining up another shot 2 seconds later with a hole in your shoulder/foot. But, the game isn't meant to be a SIM either... so there is that.

But, I don't see the big deal about the same things everyone complains about with every FPS really.

Everyone has their own threshold for suspension of disbelief don't they. I don't mind that every soldier packs a parachute, or that an assault guy can " revive " a guy who just got his head blown off, but I can't stand to see an engineer blow up an $5,000,000 Main battle tank with a $10 blow torch from the hardware store. I think the trick is always in balancing mechanics and the flavor of the game in a creative way which allows most players to overlook things that should bother them.

Take the revival thing for example. Sure I shot the guy in the head with a sniper rifle, and now his buddy runs by and "tags" him and he gets back up ("get up soldier keep moving !") I can handle that, because the game is so fast paced in most cases that I can forget just how sure the other soldiers death was, and I can overlook the "clappers" ( defibrillator ) as long as I don't see the guy get down and start giving him chest compressions.

Anyway, don't be battlefront.

Last edited:
The game will be great, bottom line is with the weapons of that ear will they be able to hold the attention of players long term.

Nothing new honestly... everyone complains about everything in a game.

I personally prefer hardcore for its realism. I hate unloading an entire clip from a bulldog into someone and then I die against an M9 handgun!!! :rofl:

Damage models have always been 'arcadey' to me. As someone said in the link, you get hit from ANY sniper rifle, there is no way in hell you are lining up another shot 2 seconds later with a hole in your shoulder/foot. But, the game isn't meant to be a SIM either... so there is that.

But, I don't see the big deal about the same things everyone complains about with every FPS really.

I'm the same way. I always wanted maybe not true realism but more of a FO3/NV type damage model in a new, widespread FPS like battlefield - get shot in the foot/ankle? Still mobile but slow. Shot in the arm/shoulder? Decreased accuracy, etc. But then, you'd get people complaining that "the game is too slow", "the game caters to the unskilled that can't get off headshots at 600 yards", all that.

Some games like Sniper Elite allow you a "decent-ish" emulation of a real life challenge, why not make it a difficulty level ? Easy - Normal - Hard - Realistic. it would remain optional for everyone that wanted to play it.

Back