• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WATERCOOL Hardware Rep available! Come in and chat with me!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WATERCOOL-Jakob

Watercool Customer, Support Representative
Hey Overclockers,
I' am so happy to be here! First of all, thanks to the staff for having me, it is my honor and pleasure. So, who am I and what do I want here? My name is Jakob and I work for german watercooling manufacturer WATERCOOL. You might know us from our HEATKILLER series of water blocks, or from industry's biggest and bestperforming radiator, the massive MO-RA3.
I myself have been part of the overclocking and hardware enthusiast community for years now, and I feel very privileged that I could turn my hobby and passion into a job.
What do I want here? Communicate. I want to offer a low-threshold, direct channel of communication for you, the community. I will be available to answer your questions about existing products, help out with problems, and discuss current developments, both in our coummity and in our company.

As a nice welcome gift, I even have something special for you: a discount code for our very own WATERCOOL Shop! Please enter this code during checkout to recieve a 7% discount on all products (not including shipping costs). It is valid from today until May 29th, so better be quick ;)

Discount Code: OCF-Welcome

I'm very much looking forward to meeting all of you! Let's have a great time together!

Last edited:
Hey folks, thanks for the warm welcome :) I actually got a few things in the pipeline, so stay tuned ;)
Welcome to OCF!:welcome:

Perhaps we can entice you to put your backoffice hardware to use during the off hours by Folding@Home for Team 32?:cool:
Nice try ;)
Actually, I'm working from home, since our headquarter is ~600km away from me. So no, I do not have access to those resources, and when I'm not browsing hardware forums, my private rig is used for getting NYC back from the Green Poison ;)

Today's post comes to you in two parts: recent events and their foreshadowing, and future developments.
Part one: recent events. As you all know, there were big news this weekend in the hardware world: nvidia unveiled the GTX 1080 and 1070 :drool: Obviously, we all watched the event, and are all very excited to get our hands on one of those gems. As you probably know, there are no presale samples for water block manufacturers, so we have to wait till May 27th as well. But initial design ideas are floating around in the offices.
Do you guys have any specific wishes concerning the two new flagships?
Obviously, we will be doing different versions of water blocks, Nickel, copper... Right now, we are oriented towards a design leaning towards the R9 Fury X blocks design. Plain design, straight lines. Since the 1080 and 1070 will be longer than the Fury X, we will also offer XL versions similar to the much appraised 980TI XL water blocks that will cover the full PCB. We will also definitely offer our new eBC backplates for those cards, but are currently still thinking about the stainless steel versions.
And I know, I know, all of you will ask me about an ETA. All I can say is: we will get our hands on them on May 27th. And the 1080 and 1070 have absolute number one top priority in all aspects of our workshop.

Part two: future developments. We are currently developing our new series of reservoirs, and I wanted to know what your general ideas about that topic are. I'm not only interested in your own opinion, but also in what you have read in other forums, buildlogs and so on. A few things to talk about could be:

- Overall Design: Do you prefer bay reservoirs or tube reservoirs? Do you take tubes because it's virtually the only thing on the market or because you genuinely like tubes? If you want a tube, do you want the surface plain or with a desing on it? If you could go crazy and have your wish layout, what would it be? A tube? A sphere? A cube? A pentagonal pillar?
- Material: Glass or Plexi (Acrylic glass)? Or don't you care about transparency at all and would go for, say, stainless steel?
- Size: Which diameter do you prefer? Seeing how tubing sizes went up over the years, the reservoirs also got bigger. You still want 50mm or 60mm diameter, or would you prefer bigger diameters, like maybe 80mm?
- Ports: How many ports are you actually using on a daily basis? Where are they placed, on the top or on the bottom connector terminal? On the bottom terminal, do you rather use ports facing downwards or facing sidewards? How many are useful, and when is it just overdone?
- Additional features: Riser tubes? Preinstalled LEDs? Bubbleseperators? Helixes? Just gimmicks or must have?
- Pricing range: What do you feel is a fair price for a quality product, what feels like overpricing?

Surprise me with your ideas and thoughts about reservoirs! And we'll see, maybe someone comes up with something we never even thought about and we'll forever be in his debt...?

These are my opinions and ideas. Please note they are not all encompassing, but just some quick thoughts.

Jakob said:
- Overall Design: Do you prefer bay reservoirs or tube reservoirs? I prefer tube reservoirs and pump/res combos. The combos are great for tight builds and I just like the looks of tubes over bays.
- Material: Glass or Plexi (Acrylic glass)? Absolutely transparency is a must for me. I need to know when/if I need to top of my res. Glass or plexi isn't to important to me though I think the glass looks better longer.
- Size: Which diameter do you prefer? I think size should compliment the case. For larger cases like the Corsair Air 540 I think a 80mm Tube would look great. In the smaller mATX cases though we will still need the little 100mm Long X 50 Dia Tubes.
- Ports: How many ports are you actually using on a daily basis? Where are they placed...? Again, I think different builds will require a variety of options here. For larger tubes I would think a minimum of two ate top and two at bottom would suffice but TBH once I get set up, I generally don't change things around much.
- Additional features: Bling is always a bonus but not a requirement for me. Some of your competitors have pre-lit helix's that look awesome, but if they don't perform or restrict flow then I, personally, would avoid them. I think included lighting is great but feel it should be replaceable.
- Pricing range: I don't mind spending a fair amount of money so long as I'm getting a competitive product. When Buying I focus on Quality, Performance, Reputation/Customer Service, and finally Price. If you can provide these, you'll never have a shortage of customers here.

I hope this helps.

Now when you added your comments about reservoirs I have something that is really annoying for me. Most available tube reservoirs are plexi ... and they're cracking after longer usage so I'd rather have a glass one which is also easier to clean but will last longer. Also my friend dislike plexi tube reservoirs for the same reason.

Jakob: I use an XSPC Twin D5 Bay Res for my 5960x rig below and on my 4790k rig (not in sig) I also use an XSPC D5 bay res. The 4790k runs with 2 WC'd R9 290s and uses your MO-RA3-420. HUBBA HUBBA!

Hey you guys,
thanks again for the warm welcome to OCF. To celebrate our good relationship, I made a discount code for our WATERCOOL Shop excusively for OCF. It gives you a discount of 7% on all products and is valid from today until May 29th. Have fun shopping, friends :)

Code: OCF-Welcome

Please be aware that we can only give you discount on the actual products, not on the shipping. But thanks to a cooperation with FedEx, we can ship to the US for 29,95€ (~33$).

:welcome: to OCF Jakob!

I'm really diggin the way the HTFS2 rads look :drool:
If only I had the money and space inside the case for more rad!

I'm really diggin the way the HTFS2 rads look :drool:
If only I had the money and space inside the case for more rad!
Hu! I really like to hear that. We have actually been thinking about how the radiator segment is set up and are thinking about it's future. There are discussions about a complete revamp of that product category somewhere in late 2016/early 2017, so I'll keep this input in mind til then ;)

Hu! I really like to hear that. We have actually been thinking about how the radiator segment is set up and are thinking about it's future. There are discussions about a complete revamp of that product category somewhere in late 2016/early 2017, so I'll keep this input in mind til then ;)

Cool! I like the shrouded rads. Nice perfect rectangular rads like those would fit and look perfect in my case. They just look cleaner in a case to me. :)

Hey friends,
I wanted to thank you all for your input concerning the reservoirs. Not all ideas could make it into our final product. But I'm proud to give you a first glimpse right now:

Product info: HEATKILLER® TUBE

Today, we can show you the first pictures of the final version of our new HEATKILLER TUBE series.

The TUBE series is a modular system of reservoirs with many options. Three standard lengths (length of tube: 100/150/200mm) are available for launch. The core piece of the reservoirs is a tube made from massive borosilicate glass. The diameter of the tube is 65mm, the wall thickness is 5mm.

The glass tube is connected to the top and the bottom via four struts on the outside made from sanded aluminum that come in black, red, blue or natural aluminum. The reservoir can be opened toolless. The huge opening in the top facilitates filling.

Additionally to the reservoirs themselves, there are also versions with preinstalled modules for integrated D5 or DDC pumps available. For smoother looks, the pump in the DDC version is fully integrated into the reservoir’s design.

The integrated anti-cyclone-inlay prevents vortexes and facilitates air bleeding. We even thought about lighting it: one of the four retaining struts of the basic version is prepared for lighting equipment. It can be equipped with a LED strip to illuminate the reservoir.

There are different possibilities for mounting the reservoir to your case. It can be simply standing upright on a foot. For mounting in vertical or even horizontal orientation, there are specially designed clamp brackets. Those can be positioned in the desired height and on all four sides of the reservoir. Integrated decoupling modules prevent the vibrations of the pump to be transferred to the case.

The reservoir can be extended as wished through a coupling module. Mounting brackets for mounting on standardized 120/140 radiators will be available. A special mounting solution for the MO-RA3 radiators will be published next week.

The first pictures show only the tubes in 100 and 150mm. You can also see the DDC version. Pictures from the 200m version will be added later on.

View attachment 179595

View attachment 179596

View attachment 179597

View attachment 179598

View attachment 179599

View attachment 179600

Back