• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WATERCOOL Hardware Rep available! Come in and chat with me!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks for the reply Jacob,

I was under the impression that the Heatkiller IV Pro could allow for 1/2 x 3/4 fittings as stated in the manual/specs but this is not correct the only 3/4 that might have a chance to fit that block are Koolance old 3/4 compression fittings since its the most slender 3/4 fitting out there, there new 3/4 compressions are bulky now.
We did check with both the Alphacool Eiszapfen and Monsoon fittings. But yes, it might be true that there are fittings that are so unneccessary bulky that they won't fit. Given the amount of fittings available on the market, please understand that we cannot buy all of them only for a simple testfit. I'll look up the measurements when im in the shop nevertheless :)

We did check with both the Alphacool Eiszapfen and Monsoon fittings. But yes, it might be true that there are fittings that are so unneccessary bulky that they won't fit. Given the amount of fittings available on the market, please understand that we cannot buy all of them only for a simple testfit. I'll look up the measurements when im in the shop nevertheless :)

Thanks for the reply,

True some fittings are more bulky then others.

Looking forward to the measurement of the Heatkiller Tube D5 G1/4 ports.

Thanks for the help. :)

Thanks for the reply,

True some fittings are more bulky then others.

Looking forward to the measurement of the Heatkiller Tube D5 G1/4 ports.

Thanks for the help. :)
Sorry the answer took so long, your request got buried under other workload. My mistake ://
Fittings with a diameter of up to 27mm fit onto the Heatkiller Tube reservoirs. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any exact measurements for the bitspower fittings, so I can't tell you if they fit...

In unrelated news: I'm currently trying to revive our facebook page and trying to post new content every couple of days. So feel free to leave us a like!

Sorry the answer took so long, your request got buried under other workload. My mistake ://
Fittings with a diameter of up to 27mm fit onto the Heatkiller Tube reservoirs. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any exact measurements for the bitspower fittings, so I can't tell you if they fit...

In unrelated news: I'm currently trying to revive our facebook page and trying to post new content every couple of days. So feel free to leave us a like!

Thank you for the reply,

I got both the new Koolance 3/4 compressions (diameter 26mm) which are slightly bigger then the Bitspower 3/4 compressions so they should fit your Heatkiller tube D5. I think i know enough. Much appreciated.

here is my question. why no love for 3/8 bsp fittings. i mean the thread size will rarely make a noticable difference to the outside diameter of the fitting. and on things like resivoirs it would be very easy to implement. for people wanting to run 1/2" or 16mm tube not having the restriction at all these spots would be nice.

here is my question. why no love for 3/8 bsp fittings. i mean the thread size will rarely make a noticable difference to the outside diameter of the fitting. and on things like resivoirs it would be very easy to implement. for people wanting to run 1/2" or 16mm tube not having the restriction at all these spots would be nice.

a) Because the overall standard of all the companys in the industry is 1/4, so every part is compatible with every fitting.
b) Because the vast majority of people would complain that they now have to by an ADDITIONAL piece of hardware downscaling the 3/8 to 1/4.
c) Because the thread size would be no problem at reservoirs, and probably okay for GPU waterblocks, but definitely a problem on mainboard blocks and on CPU blocks. SO people would have to use two different sets of fittings, which seems very impractical.
d) Because the additional restriction is very negligible compared to components like CPU or GPU blocks.

Hey folks,
late, but not forgotten: The WATERCOOL crew wishes all of you a merry Christmas! Hope you people found a lot of shiny PC parts under the tree ;)

Additionally, I wanted to point out an outstanding mod using our hardware that was just released. Thailand based professional modder "Modder CROW" did a great Gigabyte G1 themed mod in a white Inwin909 - find the pictures through our facebook site.

I wanted to share a resurrected Heatkiller experience with everyone, in the past I had run 2 EVGA 580GTX in SLI replacing the stock air coolers with the Heatkiller water blocks after moving on from that configuration I went to a GTX Titan and remounted the stock air coolers on the 580GTXs, to be used in other machines. One of them ended up in my wife's computer the other in a gaming machine I built for my niece's children, her son complained about the machine crashing every time he tried to play the original Crysis but they live 300 miles away so I couldn't check it out until this past Christmas. Long story short I tested it myself and discovered the GPU was overheating and causing the crashing so I brought the machine back home to resolve the issue, I tried all my tricks to get it cooler running the stock air cooler by increasing case air flow, which resulted in no joy!

I had almost everything I needed already on hand to go ahead and water cool the machine, but the case was never designed for water cooling at all, so to even be able to water cool the GPU was going to require some case modding. I was absolutely determined that what I put back in their hands was not going to crash playing Crysis because a 580GTX is very adequate to play the game on very high settings, so I ordered the missing parts I needed to turn the case into a water cooler. While waiting on the parts to arrive I remembered I had an extra Alphacool CPU water block but it was for a 1366 socket and not setup for an 1155 but that was resolved by drilling the needed holes in the water block mounting plexi. So now the project goal has gone from just water cooling the GPU to the CPU as well.

Now for why this is in the Watercool thread in the first place, I had the 580GTX Heatkiller water block shelved, took it apart and cleaned it thoroughly and remounted it on the 580GTX, I was able to remount the water block and it fit so well I was able to use TIM on the GPU die and the Memory chips I only had to use thermal padding on the VRs. It reminded me of why I have such an appreciation for German engineering, it was as close to perfection as anyone could ask for!

Put it all together and now the GPUs load temperature is 40c lower than the stock air cooler.

It is truly nice for the Heatkiller water block to have a 2nd life of operation instead of just sitting on the shelf, and I am so glad I did not sell it.

Kudos to Watercool for such excellent products! Ryan

[...snip...]
Kudos to Watercool for such excellent products! Ryan
Hey Ryan, thanks for sharing this story, we are happy when our customers are!

Today, I got a first render of the new AM4 mounting kit on one of our HeatkillerIV CPU blocks for you guys:

View attachment 186995

These mounting brackets will be available when the chips themselves will be ;)

Btw, you guys: I finally kicked off our Twitter-Profile: please feel free to follow https://twitter.com/WatercoolEN , use the hashtags #Watercool and #Heatkiller , and send me pics from your rigs - I'd like to do a "satisfied customers" - kinda gallery. What do you think?

Well, let me put it this way: my Missus will give me a EVGA 1070 FTW for my birthday, and now it will be complete :>

That is great news for you....

Dirty pool Jakob. I thought I was looking at a legit 1080ti leak here.

-10 Internets from you. :D

Back